WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King

Ddays

Hooked
Got my new Core4x4 track bar in. This thing is beautiful. Just by contacting them, they built this thing fully custom for me based on my custom axle application. The dual Johnny joints are custom, the length is custom, and the bends are custom. Can't wait to install it. I've had really good luck with this company as far as quality and customer service.

View attachment 285330

View attachment 285331

That looks awesome man. So cool to find companies that say "yep, we can do it", instead of "sorry, not interested".

WJCO

Meme King
Nice! I've only heard good things about Core 4x4. Really cool that they'll work with you on a custom job. 👍

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

That looks awesome man. So cool to find companies that say "yep, we can do it", instead of "sorry, not interested".

Looks solid. Great of them to take care of their customer and make a custom piece [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That’s cool that they did that for you.

Thanks. Totally agreed. No hesitation in their willingness to make it happen for me. Hoping to get it installed over the weekend.

GraniteCrystal

Dang. Good for them making it all custom like that. They probably lost money on it but now they have it. That's awesome.

Gonna need to spend some time under you rig next time I see you just checking out all the new goodies.

WJCO

Meme King
Dang. Good for them making it all custom like that. They probably lost money on it but now they have it. That's awesome.

Gonna need to spend some time under you rig next time I see you just checking out all the new goodies.

I don't know if they lost money on it, it's actually shorter and less material, but glad they did it regardless. You're more than welcome to check out the undercarriage :cheesy:

Looks good, man...call them to see if they can fix your Broncos too...

They have a lot of Jeeps listed on their website as far as products they build for. I wouldn't be surprised if they could do something like that for broncos. Big seller for me is USA steel (and built in house) and Currie Johnny Joints.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Great looking trackbar, love the color. Think it's awesome to custom build one for you. Thinking about grabbing their tier 3 front lower control arms.

WJCO

Meme King
Looks like a show piece.

Wow yeah, that thing is hard core... no pun intended. Looking forward to seeing it on the grand.

Agreed. It is pretty.

Great looking trackbar, love the color. Think it's awesome to custom build one for you. Thinking about grabbing their tier 3 front lower control arms.

I have those for my lowers on front and rear. I've had the rears for awhile now, but all have been holding up well. Fronts have taken a few good hits.

GraniteCrystal

Looks good, man...call them to see if they can fix your Broncos too...
That's low. Picking on a man's team in his build thread.

They have a lot of Jeeps listed on their website as far as products they build for. I wouldn't be surprised if they could do something like that for broncos. Big seller for me is USA steel (and built in house) and Currie Johnny Joints.

Well played.

That reminds me, Ed are you still restoring a Bronco for your wife? Would love to see pics.

WJCO

Meme King

Well played.

That reminds me, Ed are you still restoring a Bronco for your wife? Would love to see pics.

Truth is, I TOTALLY missed that jab because I remembered that he had a bronco and that's what I thought he was referring too :cheesy:

Brute

Hooked

Well played.

Truth is, I TOTALLY missed that jab because I remembered that he had a bronco and that's what I thought he was referring too :cheesy:

I have endured over a decade of Raider jokes (well deserved, I might add)...so whenever an opportunity presents itself to inure injury to the enemy, I feel obligated to make the most of it.

Yes, part of the reason I'm going to LA is to meet with Icon to talk about the build progress...should be finished by May...I'll post up some pics shortly...

Doug, I really like your WJ...it is one of the best looking WJ's I've seen...

WJCO

Meme King
Got the new track bar installed. A little back story, since installing my Zone lift years ago, I have had a ton off problems with the track bar. The main issue was the lower bolt coming loose. I have gone through new bolts, different torques, checked the holes, etc. And it's always been the lower bolt. Even with the new axle, I switched to a brand new Zone bushing set and sleeve. The problem persisted. The only time the bolt has held for a significant amount of time was when I torqued it to manufacture specs accurately. But a couple months later, it's loose again. I've tried locktite, lock washer, locking nut and it loosens again. I always know because I start getting a clunk and I can feel the difference over bumps. So I decided it has to be the track bar binding or something. New one is installed now, so time will tell.

They way they bent it was pretty damn close to what I told them.

IMG_20171209_160323_802.jpg

Here is one thing I found on the old lower bushing. Part of it is torn on one side. So maybe it really was binding. This bushing only has a couple thousand miles on it.

IMG_20171209_160346_215.jpg

And here's the new one installed. I didn't expect to notice a difference driving it, but on the road test, it is very noticeable. Steering is a ton smoother and going over bumps is smoother as well.

IMG_20171209_160543_323.jpg

Top Bottom