WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Nice job on the arm rest fix! Awning looks good too! I can see that coming in real handy while camping or tailgating.

TRLJNKY

Yeah that arm rest fix was great. May have to look into this for the ZJ. Awning looks good too. I made the mistake of going with the Shittybuilt. Starting to have issues.

aka cavfighter

Ddays

Hooked
Got the ARB awning installed on the WJ. Perfect day to test it out as it was windy here. Mounted it on to the roof rack using some tube clamps. This thing is sturdy and really well designed. I'll be fighting gators in no time with this official overlanding item. It's even fully independently adjustable in the event of rain or snow.

Nice job OverlanderWJCO :thumb: That's really nice. Bet one could use the same KC clamps on a JK roll bar with the top off....:hmm:

JokerJ420

Got the ARB awning installed on the WJ. Perfect day to test it out as it was windy here. Mounted it on to the roof rack using some tube clamps. This thing is sturdy and really well designed. I'll be fighting gators in no time with this official overlanding item. It's even fully independently adjustable in the event of rain or snow.

View attachment 291164

View attachment 291165

View attachment 291166

View attachment 291167

View attachment 291168

View attachment 291169

View attachment 291170
Now you need a hammock for napping underneath that beautiful awning.👋🖒 Love it

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks good! And more comfortable than before

The arb tent is cool as well! Camping time is around the corner!

WJCO

Meme King
Ok now just get the bed under it spend the night and update us in the morning [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Looks good! And more comfortable than before

The arb tent is cool as well! Camping time is around the corner!

Heck yeah, that's awesome!

Nice job on the arm rest fix! Awning looks good too! I can see that coming in real handy while camping or tailgating.

Nice work today! Both look good! [emoji1303]

Now you need a hammock for napping underneath that beautiful awning.👋🖒 Love it

Thanks, guys. Yeah, now I'm really itching to get out and go camping.

Yeah that arm rest fix was great. May have to look into this for the ZJ.

Do ZJs have that same issue? Hopefully someone does make something like that.

Awning looks good too. I made the mistake of going with the Shittybuilt. Starting to have issues.

I actually looked at that one, but just decided on ARB for the brand name. Hope you get yours fixed up. Rhino Rack makes a swing around FoxWing awning and is supposedly coming out with an upgraded version too, but it's like 700 bucks, I just couldn't spend that for an awning.

Nice job OverlanderWJCO :thumb: That's really nice. Bet one could use the same KC clamps on a JK roll bar with the top off....:hmm:

That is a really good idea. and I bet you're right. You would likely need longer bolts, but it would probably work.

catahoula

Caught the Bug

View attachment 291164

View attachment 291165

View attachment 291166

View attachment 291167

View attachment 291168

View attachment 291169

View attachment 291170

Very sweet! Are you thinking about a roof top tent in the future?

WJCO

Meme King
That awning is nice!

Very sweet! Are you thinking about a roof top tent in the future?

Thanks. No tent up there. I was reluctant to add any weight up there even regarding the awning itself, however, the biggest reason for the awning is that it takes up zero cargo space unlike the big shade canopy we used to load in the Jeep. Also, as far as camping, I love sleeping on the ground in a tent, always have.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Thanks. No tent up there. I was reluctant to add any weight up there even regarding the awning itself, however, the biggest reason for the awning is that it takes up zero cargo space unlike the big shade canopy we used to load in the Jeep. Also, as far as camping, I love sleeping on the ground in a tent, always have.

I just realized they make a kit for those that turns them basically into a tent... Have you looked into that? It looks pretty spacious and way better/bigger then a rooftop tent.... Now you got me thinking!
IMG_6322.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
I just realized they make a kit for those that turns them basically into a tent... Have you looked into that? It looks pretty spacious and way better/bigger then a rooftop tent.... Now you got me thinking!

Oh yeah, they have a ton of accessories for that thing. Tent, screen room, diagonal additional shade, etc. Time will tell, but if we ever want to expand, it's nice to know that we can.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Oh yeah, they have a ton of accessories for that thing. Tent, screen room, diagonal additional shade, etc. Time will tell, but if we ever want to expand, it's nice to know that we can.

Yeah... thats pretty bad ass! I want to one day build a camping trailer that can hold a couple dirt bikes... but the roof top tent kept screwing things up in my head.... I could mount one of those awnings on each side of the trailer and have 2 huge sleeping areas if I wanted... or one sleeping and one shade, or 2 shades.... way more options and less space lost.... [emoji1360]

WJCO

Meme King
...I could mount one of those awnings on each side of the trailer and have 2 huge sleeping areas if I wanted... or one sleeping and one shade, or 2 shades.... way more options and less space lost.... [emoji1360]

We actually thought about doing that. We're going to try this out first and see if we like it.

Brute

Hooked
I know someone who mounted the shortest awning on the back to have rain cover when opening the rear door...

TrailHunter

Hooked
We actually thought about doing that. We're going to try this out first and see if we like it.

Seems like the down side with the room accessory is that it’s not recommended as a “tent” because wind may be an issue.... not exactly aerodynamic. Looks pretty big too when its rolled up in the bag...

Top Bottom