WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

xwaz

The awning room is nice, and I touched on it in a YouTube video I made of my Jeep. And I plan next weekend to go out and hopefully make a full video on how to set it up and stuff. FB_IMG_1517795512831.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
That's gonna look bad ass!! Can't wait to see the after pics!!

^^yep, what they said! Very nice[emoji482]

That's going to look great, congrats on the upgrade. Love that awning also.

Thanks. Anxious to get them on myself. I actually found a TiresPlus that was open today but said they can't install used tires due to liability. Whatever.

Can't wait to see that. That is my end goal on mine one day. Going to put more lift on?

No more lift. I really like the way it is at 4" . I really wished I had gotten this size to begin with, but when I measured with the old axle, when turning, 33s barely cleared the wheel wells. Then for some reason with the new axle (same control arms), I had a good half inch more behind the front tires :idontknow: . I guess the steering axis on the JK axle is different. My turning radius also improved greatly with the new axle. So, if these 35s do rub the wheel well, I will lengthen the lower arms and buy a set of uppers to fix caster. If it barely rubs, I may just build some steering stops on the knuckles and shorten the turning radius.

Last edited:

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Thanks. Anxious to get them on myself. I actually found a TiresPlus that was open today but said they can't install used tires due to liability. Whatever.

Haha. Yea I had a place tell me they wouldn't mount mine because I didn't buy it from them. We are taking about new tires here.

Top Bottom