WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King
I'm guessing you may get some rubbing when you're aired down.

Looks great and I'm sure you're going to enjoy the performance on the trail. 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Thanks. I already went heavy on the bump stops so hopefully it won't be an issue.

Looks perfect!

Damn!! Looks awesome man. Congrats[emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That looks killer!! [emoji106]

That looks sick! I’m with Sharkey. You make me want a WJ.

What a sexy beast!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's fantastic!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. Looks like boardsurfer took care of these tires and I've seen them used in person following him, so I'm anxious to see how'll they'll size up on this Jeep.

Wow, looks great! Crazy how close the fit is!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using WAYALIFE mobile app

It is very close. How's your WJ coming along?

WJCO

Meme King
Looks great!!! [emoji1303]

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Looks good!

Looks awesome, I love the look of the sidewall in those tires. Looks even more aggressive on your WJ!

Thanks. Can't wait to get out and use them.

WJCO

Meme King
The step up in size are gonna look awesome! I totally thought you were already on 35s, so this is gonna be sweet.

Thanks.

That's sick for sure. Might have to rethink my future lift choices.

Thanks. Honestly, If I could re-start this build from the beginning, I would still go with a 4 inch kit, but a long arm. That would offer better road manners and still give me the ability to add an extra spacer or whatever later if I wanted. As of now, I'm running a 4 inch short arm, and it works, however, I've had to really sacrifice the up travel and it's not the smoothest thing on the road, I know a longarm would drive better.

As far as tires, I still think/feel that 35s are the max I would want to go. I've seen WJs with 37s and it's a huge fricken tire for that platform. Even when I got these tires the other day, I stood one up next to boardsurfer's 37s, and the 37s are SO MUCH BIGGER than the 35s. On a WJ with a 4 inch lift, you would really have to move the rear axle back which pushes the pumpkin back into the fuel tank or go to a 6 inch kit, which is huge.

And this is all just 'on the road' stuff. I haven't taken it offroad yet with these tires, and am hoping I have no issues with clearances, etc.

jamesrw30

I appreciate all that, that's really interesting. I was originally thinking of going 6 inch long arm for 35's but will have to rethink that for sure. I am on a 3 inch iro lift currently. When the time comes, whenever that is, I was planning on going long arms no matter What. If this 4 inch works out well for you then that may be my route. I will have to do both axles as I am a 30/35. Leaning toward dynatrac obviously but also considered ECGS. Did you consider their stuff when you were shopping?

Sent from my VS988 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I appreciate all that, that's really interesting. I was originally thinking of going 6 inch long arm for 35's but will have to rethink that for sure. I am on a 3 inch iro lift currently. When the time comes, whenever that is, I was planning on going long arms no matter What. If this 4 inch works out well for you then that may be my route.

So you could get the long arms, keep your springs and add a 1 inch spacer. Then you'd have a 4 inch kit. If you weren't happy, then you could buy 6 inch springs. That's the beauty of the long arm kits for the WJs, you can run whatever spring/spacer combo you want and don't have to buy it with the kit.

I will have to do both axles as I am a 30/35. Leaning toward dynatrac obviously but also considered ECGS. Did you consider their stuff when you were shopping?

I was very close to buying their axle and have a thread about it here:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...ubicon-axle-into-a-WJ-(99-04)-ProRock-44-Swap

The issue was that it's nearly the identical price as Dynatrac and ECGS just uses an OEM jk axle. There was no way I wanted to fork out that kind of money and still have a stock axle housing. Really, the only difference in price was the Clayton axle bracket kit which I shipped to Dynatrac and I think Dynatrac charged a little more at the end of the day for the JK brakes, calipers, wheel ends, etc.

However, if something ever happens to my rear 44, I will likely get an ECGS 60 because it's set up for a WJ with a reasonable price tag and you can re-use your WJ wheel ends, etc.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
T

It is very close. How's your WJ coming along?

She's running great! (knock on wood) so I haven't had much to post about lately. I'm loving the traction she's had with the new shoes in this icy weather we've been having. They'd look like training wheels next to your beast now!

Top Bottom