Mail Call - 1975 Jeep DJ5

Ddays

Hooked
That is so cool! That'd be so badass to use as an errand runner. Unfortunately this is what all of the old stuff looks like around here :grayno:

3.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That is so cool! That'd be so badass to use as an errand runner. Unfortunately this is what all of the old stuff looks like around here :grayno:

View attachment 318986

You would be surprised. I’ve seen these back home in pretty good shape from people using them as farm vehicles where they only get used in summer. But for the most part, yes shit is full of cancer back there. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fan and some light both work. They were just unplugged yesterday.

Might have been unplugged due to a parasitic draw. Use a test light or volt meter to see if there is one. If so, I would go through the wiring to see where it's grounding out.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Put probably 10-15 miles on it today. Got it up to 40 and runs pretty good. Flushed the radiator and refilled. Engine oil and trans fluid are brand new so I won’t empty that til I pull the motor. Passenger floorboard was worse than I thought and worse than the driver side.

Gonna start pulling the axles tomorrow I think.

Wiper fluid bag. Guessing it’s not original.

IMG_7082.jpg

Passenger floorboard

IMG_7083.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, that floor board doesn't look nearly as bad as I've seen them. I bet a lot of the metal is still pretty solid. You could easily cut out the parts that have rusted through and the surrounding areas and then just patch it with new steel. You can then treat the rest of the floor pan with some POR15.

Top Bottom