12' Gecko Build

JKbrick

So I think I've decided to go with a set of Rancho 9000s and then I'm gonna go ahead and buy the evo gate tire carrier. I'll probably just run the stock rear bumper for the time being until it gets all banged up. I conformed last night that I can in fact run the 4" lift Rancho up front I just still need to measure the rear before I can order. I'll post up updates once I finally get going on those

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Archerr sent me a link to an EVO tire carrier on CL for $500

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
So I think I've decided to go with a set of Rancho 9000s and then I'm gonna go ahead and buy the evo gate tire carrier. I'll probably just run the stock rear bumper for the time being until it gets all banged up. I conformed last night that I can in fact run the 4" lift Rancho up front I just still need to measure the rear before I can order. I'll post up updates once I finally get going on those

What size did you go with for 9000's

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

What size did you go with for 9000's

For the front it's the ones that are for a 4" lift lengths are like 16.8"-27.3" ish. I'm losing some up travel by buying that long of a shock but I have to run more bump stop than normal anyways to clear the brackets on my PR44. At 27.5" my coils start to get a little loose so I am right at the limit of how much length I can get out of it.

I haven't measured for the rear yet though, that's tomorrows project.

WJCO

Meme King
Looks like it's already been sold, but I did find this gem of a listing. It's ashame we don't know anybody that loves pink accessories lol

Haha WJCO's wife would be all over that if she doesn't already have those. Hey she may like the pink accents but at least she drives a jeep.... more than I can say about what my wife drives

That image must never be discovered here in this household. I may have to edit the post, lol.

desertrunner

I'm thinking 329/330

ok so i know for sure i can do the 331s for the front, i just took my rear shocks out to measure and its looking like the 330s is gonna be my best bet for the rear BUT now my brake lines and sway bar links are too short so i need to either buy the 330s and new brake lines and swaybar links or just buy the 328s and essentially have the same length as stock and not mess with the rest. considering this isnt my "final" lift height im thinking i might as well go ahead and buy the new brake lines and sway bar links and run the longer shocks. :thumb:

desertrunner

ok new update on the rear shocks, i pulled everything out that was limiting the rear droop and it turns out the 330s at 26" in length are going to be too long there is no weight on the coils and i can pretty much pull them out by hand. Thats no bueno! So the way i see it i am going to have to order the 328s for the rear which is just the same length as stock. good news is for the time being i dont have to buy new brake lines or sway bar links AND i can always order a set of Evo rockstars and get another 1.5" out of them. the 328s are 23.14" extended so that would put me down to 24.64" and that should be short enough to keep the rear coils seated. I dont have any intention of lifting the rear any more right now so the 330s are just going to be too long.

desertrunner

seems crazy to me that i am going to end up running shocks for a 4" lift up front and stock length in the rear. sure hope i got all the measurements right but i swear i have measured like 15 times. I guess just as long as where i am measuring from and where they make their measurements for the shock manufacturing are the same i should be good to go.

desertrunner

WOOOO just pulled the trigger on some rancho 9000s, Evo Hinge gate carrier, and the rockstar skids through Exodus! Gonna have to wait on the rear shocks from Exodus though since as expected they dont stock stock length shocks. the 328s in the rear coupled with the rockstars should give me the extra flex in the rear i was hoping for though. i may have to wait on installing the rockstars until i get longer brake lines and sway bar links but that will be a future project. :rock:

Thanks again Exodus Jeeps for helping me out with the odd order, and the EVO discount!

JKbrick

WOOOO just pulled the trigger on some rancho 9000s, Evo Hinge gate carrier, and the rockstar skids through Exodus! Gonna have to wait on the rear shocks from Exodus though since as expected they dont stock stock length shocks. the 328s in the rear coupled with the rockstars should give me the extra flex in the rear i was hoping for though. i may have to wait on installing the rockstars until i get longer brake lines and sway bar links but that will be a future project. :rock:

Thanks again Exodus Jeeps for helping me out with the odd order, and the EVO discount!

Now watch you will be the one who wins the pr44!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

How tall is your ass? I was going to go 330 in rear. Can u get extensions on lines?

I only have the 4dr springs in the rear no spacers so it's maybe 1" of lift. At 25" is where things started to pull tight. Brake lines sway bar links and my E brake lines needed to come out of the hangers on the tub. 26" is how long the 330s are and anything past 25.5" for me there was no weight on the coils and at 26" I could pull them out pretty easy.

The brake lines are close you could probably just do one of the drop brackets and be fine, all I did was unbolt the hard line clip from the frame and they had enough room but I don't want to be pulling on the hard lines like that.

Something like this should work just fine

Last edited:
Top Bottom