Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: regrets?

Quote Originally Posted by SLO View Post
    Since this thread got resurrected, Iíll chime in. Easy answer is the 50Ē light bar. I can always take it off but I did some minor modifications to the A-pillar to run the wiring that would have to be repaired.

I still question whether it was worth all the money and time to go to 40ís on my JK. Bought tires which led to new fenders because I was rubbing the ones I had on, then had to buy a new tire carrier which meant l had to move my license plate which opened a can of worms. Then, figured I better go Dana 60ís which also meant new drive shafts and new wheels (may as well spend a little extra for beadlocks). Then, with the Jeep weighing over 6000 lbs and hating the way it drove up steep grades and mountain passes, it led to a LS and while I was at it, hydro-assist.

After all that, I get my wife a JL and in a day and a half, put on a 2.5Ē lift and 37ís and itís pretty much done. All I gained in ground clearance between my JK in 40ís and the JL on 37ís is about 1.5Ē.
    That's a hell of a build man! Oh and the JL is cool too. Just go wheel that thing! You'll see it's worth pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SLO View Post
    Since this thread got resurrected, Iíll chime in. Easy answer is the 50Ē light bar. I can always take it off but I did some minor modifications to the A-pillar to run the wiring that would have to be repaired.

I still question whether it was worth all the money and time to go to 40ís on my JK. Bought tires which led to new fenders because I was rubbing the ones I had on, then had to buy a new tire carrier which meant l had to move my license plate which opened a can of worms. Then, figured I better go Dana 60ís which also meant new drive shafts and new wheels (may as well spend a little extra for beadlocks). Then, with the Jeep weighing over 6000 lbs and hating the way it drove up steep grades and mountain passes, it led to a LS and while I was at it, hydro-assist.

After all that, I get my wife a JL and in a day and a half, put on a 2.5Ē lift and 37ís and itís pretty much done. All I gained in ground clearance between my JK in 40ís and the JL on 37ís is about 1.5Ē.
    Still sounds like a nice JK build. Iím just up the road from you so to speak in Happy Valley and would like to get together sometime. PM me if your interested.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Happy Valley Labrador? Was raised there as a small boy. Plan on revisiting when possible.

if it ain't broke!

regrets?

Iíll have to be honest here, I love the looks of the Poison Spyder cage but if I do another one Iíd cut the fucking leg that goes down to the floor off. I ended up having to borrow a porta power to get that son of a bitch bent over against the outside of the body far enough to get the bolt holes lined up to go through the floor in the right place. Your leg going down to the floor was one of the main reasons I bought it but it was so sturdy after I had it bolted to the a pillar and the dash that I wouldnít hesitate to not get one that doesnít go to the floor next time. After fucking with it for months Iíve still only got three out of eight bolts going through the floor

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    I ran into the same issue with rock krawler arms years ago. At the shortest length they contacted the trackbar. Their ďmid armĒ is a scam and causes more issues than not. Sorry you had to learn the hard way about these arms
    Yeah, ďmid-armĒ . I wish Ruffstuff would admit thatís what these are. Hell, they couldnít (or wouldnít) even give me the length ranges on these.
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    The whole trail rail system on the jl is a waste. I regret that one. 20190323_093046.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Fenders that do not extend to cover entire tire width. Good god mistake. Just coats the entire Jeep with everything imaginable.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Regrets

Going to 32s, then 33s, then 35s rather than planning out my build ahead of time.

Along with that, buying a cheap lift kit and having to swap out nearly everything for better quality products.

And regearing factory axles. Then doing a front axle swap after that and then later doing a rear locker.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    That's a hell of a build man! Oh and the JL is cool too. Just go wheel that thing! You'll see it's worth pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yep. Taking both to Moab this weekend. Looking forward to it. My wife is a little nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ151 View Post
    Still sounds like a nice JK build. Iím just up the road from you so to speak in Happy Valley and would like to get together sometime. PM me if your interested.

Letís do it. There are a group of us trying to plan a day to TSF soon. Iíll shoot you a PM.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast