Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trek NX Wind Noise

-

Trek NX Wind Noise

So tonight was the first trip in Canvas with the new top and it was like riding in a wind tunnel with a lot of wind noise doing from where the top meets the windshield. What has been done to Canvas the past couple of weekend was a OR Fab sport cage and the Bestop Trek NX.

Please help

R/
    Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Nothing but a Thing Fir-na-tine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canvas JK View Post
    So tonight was the first trip in Canvas with the new top and it was like riding in a wind tunnel with a lot of wind noise doing from where the top meets the windshield. What has been done to Canvas the past couple of weekend was a OR Fab sport cage and the Bestop Trek NX.

Please help

R/
    Will

Hate to break it to you brother......it's not going to get any better......Our Jeeps are boxes in the wind and the front windshields upright angle doesn't help deflect or move the air over the top of the vehicle so we'll and i think that has alot to do with the noise we hear.......I've never really had a problem with the noise of my top.......the whistle of my 50" LED........or even the noise the wind creates while driving w/o my top or doors........it's a Jeep and I've accepted the fact that it's not going to be a quiet ride unless i ride with the hardtop on all the time......I turn up the radio a little more and drive on......

~Woodrow~
    Last edited by Fir-na-tine; 01-31-2014 at 03:31 AM.

Have you ridden in any other jeeps with a soft top on? They are louder than the hard tops but not like driving in a wind tunnel. Was it a pretty windy day? If it's super windy it can be fairly loud inside the jeep.

-
    I thought it was going to be that was. We had an 04 TJ with the soft top and it was not quite this noisy. Oh well it will be something to get used too. Just wanted to make sure there was not a step I missed.

Would this make a difference? http://www.quadratec.com/products/11122_0004_07.htm
    Last edited by Canvas JK; 01-31-2014 at 01:50 AM.

Well, my NX doesn't make much noise. U say you installed a sport cage, did u drop the windshield when u installed it?

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    -Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Fir-na-tine View Post
    Hate to break it to you brother......it's not going to get any better......Our Jeeps are boxes in the wind and the front windshields upright angle doesn't help deflect or move the air over the top of the vehicle so we'll and i think that has alot to do with the noise we here.......I've never really had a problem with the noise of my top.......the whistle of my 50" LED........or even the noise the wind creates while driving w/o my top or doors........it's a Jeep and I've accepted the fact that it's not going to be a quiet ride unless i ride with the hardtop on all the time......I turn up the radio a little more and drive on......

~Woodrow~
    Agreed. Also I think its no noisier than othef soft tops. BTW, it looks like a large space where top meets header in front windshield but that is normal

Also, silly but did u tuck in all plastic pieces in to frame of jeep? That's would add a lot if noise

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing IBeHeWhoIsJoshua's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyJk View Post
    Despite it's cute-ness...anyone know if this thing actually helps?

If it was positioned correctly and held shape against strong wind force, it could in theory keep the wind from actually hitting the soft top, sorta like drafting in nascar.... but I couldn't tell you If this exact product is capable of doing just that.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    -Brandon

I had a trek nx and sold it cuz it was so much louder then stock twill soft top I can't speak for the new twill trek top but my trek top nx was so much louder glad to have the oem twill top back personally. Don't get me wrong it killed me to sell it I love the slant back look just don't like the design of the trek top

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast