Page 1 of 517 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Suds of the Day

Cool Suds of the Day

This thread has been started to talk about the beers you all are drinking today

To start it off, today we are drinking BRUX by Sierra Nevada and Russian River! Mmmmm good!

IMG_5734-1200.jpg

IMG_5737-1200.jpg

IMG_5738-1200.jpg

IMG_5742-1200.jpg

Been Around the Block Chairokey's Avatar
    Wow beer in a wine bottle! That's new to me here in Abilene Texas. What a neat idea! Tonight it's just a can of Budweiser but I do love a Heineken

Rogue Brutal IPA in a shitty hotel room. How's the brux?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chairokey View Post
    Wow beer in a wine bottle! That's new to me here in Abilene Texas. What a neat idea! Tonight it's just a can of Budweiser but I do love a Heineken
    you and Trail Bud would get along well

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife

sounds like a nice pairing

regarding brux, megan would be blowing chunks but, we like it a lot
    Yep,the beer makes the room palatable. Lol. Did they use a wild Belgium yeast strain?

I'm having a hard time deciding. Help me choose. Oh wait, I can have both.

image-3904658582.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
    Yep,the beer makes the room palatable. Lol. Did they use a wild Belgium yeast strain?
    you would have to get all technical on me

unfortunately, i don't know for sure. what the bottle says is that the beer is "refermented in the bottle with Brettanomyces bruxellensis". it says "Brux will change and develop over time. copper-colored, dry and complex, with slightly tart notes of green grass, pear, spice and lemon. i definitely taste dryness, the tart notes and spices and enjoy them a lot.

You'd think Texas would be great for Beer.... But Abilene, Waco, Longview: I could have looked harder, but people seem confused when I ask about local craft brews. I've had the same trouble in San Antonio. Addison, on the north side of Dallas has a bar that serves up some rare stuff.

When I get back home I'll post some pics of the tasty suds I picked up in Wisconsin last week...

Page 1 of 517 1231151101501 ... LastLast