Suds of the Day

Chairokey

Wow beer in a wine bottle! That's new to me here in Abilene Texas. What a neat idea! Tonight it's just a can of Budweiser but I do love a Heineken

Honey Badger

wayoflife said:
sounds like a nice pairing :cheesy:

regarding brux, megan would be blowing chunks but, we like it a lot :thumb:

Yep,the beer makes the room palatable. Lol. Did they use a wild Belgium yeast strain?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yep,the beer makes the room palatable. Lol. Did they use a wild Belgium yeast strain?

you would have to get all technical on me :cheesy:

unfortunately, i don't know for sure. what the bottle says is that the beer is "refermented in the bottle with Brettanomyces bruxellensis". it says "Brux will change and develop over time. copper-colored, dry and complex, with slightly tart notes of green grass, pear, spice and lemon. i definitely taste dryness, the tart notes and spices and enjoy them a lot.

ichthus

You'd think Texas would be great for Beer.... But Abilene, Waco, Longview: I could have looked harder, but people seem confused when I ask about local craft brews. I've had the same trouble in San Antonio. Addison, on the north side of Dallas has a bar that serves up some rare stuff.

When I get back home I'll post some pics of the tasty suds I picked up in Wisconsin last week...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You'd think Texas would be great for Beer.... But Abilene, Waco, Longview: I could have looked harder, but people seem confused when I ask about local craft brews. I've had the same trouble in San Antonio. Addison, on the north side of Dallas has a bar that serves up some rare stuff.

When I get back home I'll post some pics of the tasty suds I picked up in Wisconsin last week...

funny, but now that you mention it, i must say that i haven't come across any craft brews from texas.

Honey Badger

wayoflife said:
you would have to get all technical on me :cheesy:

unfortunately, i don't know for sure. what the bottle says is that the beer is "refermented in the bottle with Brettanomyces bruxellensis". it says "Brux will change and develop over time. copper-colored, dry and complex, with slightly tart notes of green grass, pear, spice and lemon. i definitely taste dryness, the tart notes and spices and enjoy them a lot.

Yep, they brew lambics with that stuff. You should get a couple bottles and age them...it will get funky.

Honey Badger

It may get sour, but I think it may bring out some of the "farmhouse funk" found in beers brewed with wild yeast, like saisons.

Top Bottom