John Bull Big Bear Lake 5/18/14

SantaMonica

Hi everyone! I'm going to do John Bull in Big Bear on Sunday 5/18/14. I've done it several times before, but still would not want to go alone. Anyone want to join in for the trail? Shouldn't take more than a couple hours, so I was thinking about meeting at the Starbucks AT 10AM! (42170 Big Bear Blvd) and caravan from there to the trailhead. Must have 35's and lockers - or if you don't have one or either, a good winch will get you through.
Let me know if I can expect you! Thanks.

Going:
SantaMonica
Newtdog
ACEsJK
edmed2012JK
IrishJK
Tweetie7123

Maybe:
rubicrawl
BBrown626

Last edited:

SantaMonica

Forgot to mention

Forgot to mention, after John Bull I will probably take Holcomb to Dishpan on my way back down the hill to LA. So we can make a whole day out of it.

dahreno

Banned
I did the trail alone in the dark one time. It was quite an experience. I wouldn't do it again, it was very cold outside but luckily I didn't break down.

newtdog

No lockers but I'll join you. I've ran it a couple of times but I'm not a good leader. I'm still not real familiar with all the trails up there. I'm also down for Dishpan or Holcomb afterwards. I've ran both of those also.

2010 MANGO TANGO SPORT JKU🇺🇸

SantaMonica

Great, I can lead - I have done this trail before. Its not too hard, and I know my way around the trails from last years forest fest and jamboree. Cant wait to meet up at the starbucks, and thanks for joining in.
My cell just in case: Robert (310)666-9422

ACEsJK

I could possibly be down for this trip if I get the rig done. 35's and locker do make it an easy trail but don't think I need it. But for less carnage and stress, a very good suggestion.

SantaMonica

Yes, the carnage will be minimal if you go as-is, but last time we did it a friend had 33's and no lockers (see vid). We had to winch him up the entire difficult section, but there is only one of those. Come with either way and we will help each other out.
Here's what you can expect on the only section where lockers and 35's make it easier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axBsfbOGZCI

edmed2012jk

I am in

Im a newbie, I have done Cleghorn road which is a total newbie trail and I have also been to Calico ghost town trails. At Calico i did every trail except for Gatekeeper. i have never been Jeeping in Big bear, but I would love to. I have 35" tires, a two and a half inch lift kit and a rear axle arb locker and rock sliders. My Jeep is a work in progress

newtdog

Im a newbie, I have done Cleghorn road which is a total newbie trail and I have also been to Calico ghost town trails. At Calico i did every trail except for Gatekeeper. i have never been Jeeping in Big bear, but I would love to. I have 35" tires, a two and a half inch lift kit and a rear axle arb locker and rock sliders. My Jeep is a work in progress

Are you asking to join us?

2010 MANGO TANGO SPORT JKU🇺🇸

rubicrawl

I'll see what my plans are as the date gets a little closer if I'm free my friend and I will join you guys I'll keep you posted

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
Hi everyone! I'm going to do John Bull in Big Bear on Sunday 5/18/14. I've done it several times before, but still would not want to go alone. Anyone want to join in for the trail? Shouldn't take more than a couple hours, so I was thinking about meeting at the Starbucks about noon (42170 Big Bear Blvd) and caravan from there to the trailhead. Must have 35's and lockers - or if you don't have one or either, a good winch will get you through.
Let me know if I can expect you! Thanks.

Sounds good is this still the plan me and my rubi justification would love to join I think my 37s will do the job :) ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398749580.264795.jpg

2013 jkr

Looney Tune

Been 15 or so year since I have been on this trail. ..count me in ..no 35's and no lockers but im game..no guts no glory. ..lol..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom