Any hunting jeepers out there?

CSINEV

Saturday is opening day for Utah archery deer season. I'll be in the field and my jeep will have gotten me there. Anyone else headed out for an opening day hunt in their jeep?

FrankenJeeper

Closest seasons here in Alabama is squirrel/raccoon on Sept. 1st, dove on Sept. 6th and bow season for deer isn't til Oct. 8th. Gun season for deer isn't til November.

I'll be in the woods for squirrel and deer and in the fields for dove soon as my season opens for sure though.

Sent from my Z796C using WAYALIFE mobile app

WhiteShadow

Great white tail down in Mississippi! Sadly don't get to go hunting as much as I used to. But still have a bunch of land in central Mississippi with my family and relatives. However, every Christmas we do make time to go hunting for a week or so!

TrailBear

Grouse will be open soon, the wife and I will be out in search of some blues. Deer, bear open a few weeks later, hopefully I can take a deer or two this year, we are bear'd out for a while.

relicdigger

I use my jeep for relic hunting (metal detecting) all of time and it gets me to places I had to hike in for miles before. I have to wait for months for deer season around here in upstate NY.
Good luck with this years hunts.

Armydog

Whitetail, black bear, moose, and turkey for me.
Rifle (center fire, black powder)shotgun and bow depending on the season and the state.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

SilverBack

I'm a hunter, been overseas for some time so it's a bit different. Got a record setting Boar in Romania last year along with a few stew pots full of Quail. Hoping to tag a whitetail next time I'm home. The folks freezer could use the topping off!

JeepDrum

This will hopefully be my first season bow hunting white tail here in NJ. I bought a PSE Brute X last year but missed the cut off to get a license. This year I'm prepared and can't wait. My uncle has a bunch of land and we have seen four different 8 pointers on the trail cams so far.

Armydog

September 15 archery season opens in CT. 6 tags this year. Fingers crossed. I love spending time in the woods.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Silver Surfer

Sitting this season out here in cali. I need to get around to loading up some Lead free ammo to test out on the rifles. next year I plan on doing the bear deer and elk but I plan on doing elk either in Wa state or Colorado. Bear here in cali and deer in Nevada.

I am a reloader so I have not bought factory ammo in over 4 years now other than 22. and I have a life time supply of that already.

CanadianJK

Grouse and deer open sept 1 in some areas up here in Alberta.

I'll be out there a LOT. Figure snatch block and winch will make field dressing simple this year :)

Kev

Bear and mountain lion opened August 8 but no luck yet, And archery deer opens August 22 I did go scouting on Thursday and saw a few so hopefully there still there next weekend. plus dove opens September 1st.

Attachments

• jeep 16.jpg
    jeep 16.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 231
  • jeep 17.jpg
    jeep 17.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 240

GraniteCrystal

Resurrecting this because I'd love to see some more discussion of hunting and Jeeps.

I'm from MT where I hunt every year and just moved to CO so I'll be hunting here as well. Anybody have any pics of your Jeep out hunting? Good ways to transport big game? Any special mods for hunting? Custom gun racks?

BamBamDeer

Resurrecting this because I'd love to see some more discussion of hunting and Jeeps.

I'm from MT where I hunt every year and just moved to CO so I'll be hunting here as well. Anybody have any pics of your Jeep out hunting? Good ways to transport big game? Any special mods for hunting? Custom gun racks?

I love to hunt. Squirrels to Whitetails and do most of my hunting with my Longbow. I don't usually have to go far to hunt.....most of my hunting is on my own property. I have Jeeped back to transport deer because I am getting Old and Lazy.

Spring Turkey Season will start before long in Oklahoma. I believe Squirrel Season reopens in May. It is good if you can stand the ticks...those young ones are good fried and with Dumplings.

When I Travel to hunt I carry a Large Rubbermaid Tote to carry my Deer in back without getting the Jeep messy. It fills up the back of my JKU...that with the back seats still up. It works fine for the small whitetails we have around here but your Deer will probably be bigger. Average around here is a little over 100 dressed.

Upland hunting is my favorite. With the drought the west has experienced the last few years I mainly went out with a camera instead of my shot guns.

I think I've posted these pictures before but here they are again. Old pics but it's all I have on my phone right now.

Chukar. A real mans bird. Hard work and a good pair of hiking legs will get you in the action.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455739256.843664.jpg .

Quail are always fun. And make a great meal.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455739410.078664.jpg .

GraniteCrystal

I love to hunt. Squirrels to Whitetails and do most of my hunting with my Longbow. I don't usually have to go far to hunt.....most of my hunting is on my own property. I have Jeeped back to transport deer because I am getting Old and Lazy.

Spring Turkey Season will start before long in Oklahoma. I believe Squirrel Season reopens in May. It is good if you can stand the ticks...those young ones are good fried and with Dumplings.

When I Travel to hunt I carry a Large Rubbermaid Tote to carry my Deer in back without getting the Jeep messy. It fills up the back of my JKU...that with the back seats still up. It works fine for the small whitetails we have around here but your Deer will probably be bigger. Average around here is a little over 100 dressed.

I've thought of putting a tub in the back for deer/elk. Can you post up a pic of the tub you use in the back so I can see how it fits?

Here is one of the elk I took two years ago. Top 3 hunts of my life.

ElkCamp2013_40.jpg

Hoping to use the Jeep extensively this coming season to get farther back than most guys and then hike in from there.

Top Bottom