American Sniper

Jaydoc1

I know there is a lot of controversy surrounding Chris Kyle but if this trailer is any indication then this movie should be incredible.

I, for one, am not in any position to question his integrity. What a tragic end to the life of an incredible American asset. (And to be clear, the loss of any American military serviceman/woman is just as tragic even though they may not get a movie made about them.)

http://youtu.be/MItGoIxoVGk

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm not aware of the controversy, but that trailer has me wanting more! Can't wait to see it. Utmost respect to our servicemen and in particular snipers.

Armydog

God bless our troops, especially the snipers

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

JKsix

I can't watch the trailer over here but I hope they do Chris and his family right by this movie. I really hope they give some of the proceeds to his wife and kids to help fight that piece of shit Jesse Ventura.

Rest in piece Chris aka the devil of Ramadi.

Jaydoc1

I'm not aware of the controversy, but that trailer has me wanting more! Can't wait to see it. Utmost respect to our servicemen and in particular snipers.

The controversy surrounds Chris Kyle's claim that he punched out Jesse Ventura in a SEAL bar after hearing Ventura make some very offensive comments about SEALs. Ventura sued Kyle (and ultimately posthumously his estate/widow) over the issue and won. I can't remember the dollar amount.

Plain and simple, that is when s#$t gets real.

I can't imagine a more personal and intimate way to have to kill an enemy combatant than with a sniper rifle. And when you up that responsibility level by having to include women and children in the enemy mix...I just can't even contemplate that.

Glad it's wasn't made by some liberal director that would spin his story into some evil killer.

Spielburg originally had the nod to direct. While he probably would have done a fine job I am very happy that Eastwood ultimately ended up with the gig. Apparently Kyle was understandably hesitant about turning his story over to Hollywood. Bradley Cooper reportedly met with him on several occasions and at one point told Kyle that even if he didn't trust Hollywood that he should trust him to make sure his story was told the way it should be told. Obviously Kyle was convinced.

And for any of you that does enjoy a good book, American Sniper is a fantastic one.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The controversy surrounds Chris Kyle's claim that he punched out Jessie Ventura in a SEAL bar after hearing Ventura make some very offensive comments about SEALs. Ventura sued Kyle (and ultimately posthumously his estate/wife) over the issue and won. I can't remember the dollar amount.

Sadly, it was a seven figure judgment even before fees and costs get added to the mix. Nothing like taking money from the widow and fatherless children of hero. Way to go Jesse...you should be proud. :grayno:

JKsix

Sadly, it was a seven figure judgment even before fees and costs get added to the mix. Nothing like taking money from the widow and fatherless children of hero. Way to go Jesse...you should be proud. :grayno:

There is a special place in hell for low life's like Mr. Ventura. Fortunately the military community came together immediately following the final judgement and raised well over the $1.8m settlement. Taya Kyle and her kids won't have to pay him a dime and will be taken take of. God bless America.

Jaydoc1

There is a special place in hell for low life's like Mr. Ventura. Fortunately the military community came together immediately following the final judgement and raised well over the $1.8m settlement. Taya Kyle and her kids won't have to pay him a dime and will be taken take of. God bless America.

Fantastic.

Tdkrawler

Wow I hope this grub gets the welcome he deserves where ever he travels?

David1tontj

.I can't imagine a more personal and intimate way to have to kill an enemy combatant than with a sniper rifle.

Really? I see it a little differently.

Not trying to start an argument, but I don't think it's very intimate when you're pulling the trigger from hundreds or even thousands of yards away.

I'm constantly re-told a story of my wife's uncle being ambushed in the night while he was overseas.. He slept with his 1911, and it saved his life.. After wrestling with his attackers and literally shooting one of them up through the bottom of his jaw..... That sounds pretty intimate and personal. Just sayin'

Tigrcky

Really? I see it a little differently.

Not trying to start an argument, but I don't think it's very intimate when you're pulling the trigger from hundreds or even thousands of yards away.

I'm constantly re-told a story of my wife's uncle being ambushed in the night while he was overseas.. He slept with his 1911, and it saved his life.. After wrestling with his attackers and literally shooting one of them up through the bottom of his jaw..... That sounds pretty intimate and personal. Just sayin'

i would say these are two different intimacies

Rubicon john

Ya no disrespect, but there was a Marine awarded the Medal of Honor a freshers ago and in the award summary it said that his base was getting overrun and his machine gun went down. An enemy combatant entered the Marines position and the Marine beat the enemy to death with the metal tripod from the machine gun. That to me sounds pretty freaking intimate.

Top Bottom