Deep thoughts about Procal

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Miles ago I had 225/75/16's on now I have 255/75/17's. I want to move to 33 or 35's in the future. I have auto with 3.73 gears. Would it benefit me now to use one and later, or wait til I move up?

Thanks in advance!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In theory, nothing should be different being that the only thing you've changed is your wheel size. However, if you are running a different brand tire, there's a good chance it will measure differently because of it. If that is the case, using a Procal to calibrate your speedometer may be helpful. Of cousre, I'm sure you'd be fine without it too being that the change should be insignificant.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Miles ago I had 225/75/16's on now I have 255/75/17's. I want to move to 33 or 35's in the future. I have auto with 3.73 gears. Would it benefit me now to use one and later, or wait til I move up?

Thanks in advance!

get it now. even with the slight increase in tire size from 225 to 255 your shift points are now just slightly off. also your speedo is off as well. you will benifit from it now and later when you go bigger.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Guess I should have noted stock sport tires to Rubi take off BfG M/T's. Thanks for the advice guys.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Guess I should have noted stock sport tires to Rubi take off BfG M/T's. Thanks for the advice guys.

Yeah, that being the case, there will most likely be a slight change in size. For $100, it wouldn't hurt to calibrate your speedometer.

pastorwug

Just a side note:
I bought some 37s from a WAL guy and once installed I thought the proper size setting would be 37" - nope, I measured the actual height of the tire inflated to 26 psi and it came out to 36" - and made my setting there.

The Superchips had a setting for 36"

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I'm really leaning towards the new BFG KO2's in either 33 or35's. The muds just do not last that long IMHO. But, what you said Pastor would make sense to do.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
So I know of someone that has a Procal. He is not sure if it has been reset. I would have to plug it in to see of course. He wrecked his old JK and not sure if he ever cleared it out. If not does anybody know if you can reset it or the cost of getting it reset? I have a 2011 and I think his was a 2012. On Quadretec's site it states 07-15. DId they just update them through the years. I know I read there were different models pertaining to years. Corrwect me if I'm wrong.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
So I know of someone that has a Procal. He is not sure if it has been reset. I would have to plug it in to see of course. He wrecked his old JK and not sure if he ever cleared it out. If not does anybody know if you can reset it or the cost of getting it reset? I have a 2011 and I think his was a 2012. On Quadretec's site it states 07-15. DId they just update them through the years. I know I read there were different models pertaining to years. Corrwect me if I'm wrong.

If it wasn't reset properly, you might have to call and send it in to aev. I don't believe there is a way to reset it without the jeep it was paired to.
Yes they updated them over the years, you can put a newer one on an older jeep. Stuff like the tpms was updated. Are you buying this off him?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Cost to reset is $150.

Top Bottom