SnailTrails "Barely Existant" Build

SnailTrail

I bought my first jeep about 6 months ago. Couldnt have made a better decision. I havent really done anything to it yet but I know exactly what I want for the most part. Been doing a lot of research and this forum has been more than helpful. Lots of great info and people.

My first major modification is my PS Brawler front. I just test fitted it the other day. Its getting powder coated wrinkle black this up coming week. Cant wait to see it finished. So stoked. Hoping to cut my fenders soon too.

Im not sure what to do next though. I can either get the winch I want and some trucklites or I can buy tires. Tires bring up another issue though. Being that I have 3.21 auto I know 35s will be sluggish. I wont be able to regear for a year or so but I would hate to buy 33s when 35s dont cost much more and I like to do things once. They will also be on the factory wheels for the time being. Any input?

Jtmw

I'm running 35's and 3.21 in my 13 6 spd, it is sluggish but not impossible. I'm get about 12mpg and the power isnt really there. But I'm no nascar driver, I'll survive until 4.88s come my way.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I bought my first jeep about 6 months ago. Couldnt have made a better decision. I havent really done anything to it yet but I know exactly what I want for the most part. Been doing a lot of research and this forum has been more than helpful. Lots of great info and people.

My first major modification is my PS Brawler front. I just test fitted it the other day. Its getting powder coated wrinkle black this up coming week. Cant wait to see it finished. So stoked. Hoping to cut my fenders soon too.

Im not sure what to do next though. I can either get the winch I want and some trucklites or I can buy tires. Tires bring up another issue though. Being that I have 3.21 auto I know 35s will be sluggish. I wont be able to regear for a year or so but I would hate to buy 33s when 35s dont cost much more and I like to do things once. They will also be on the factory wheels for the time being. Any input?

Just get the flashcal at the same time it's really not that bad at all.

SnailTrail

Well decided to get the winch instead of tires. I went with the Smittybilt X20-10 with synthetic rope. I would have went with the warn zeon but I really didnt feel like putting out that kind of money right now. The way I see it is the winch will get me out of trouble while the tires may get me in more trouble. I tend to take simple trails alone but some do have mud that I can get stuck in. Ill get pictures once I get the winch installed.

05Jeeper

Looks like if you get bigger tires , you'll need a bigger door. :) A good problem to have. Can't wait to see some pics.

SnailTrail

Finally got around to getting the winch installed. Not feeling the silver fairlead so im gonna have that and the bracket coated wrinkle black like the bumper. Also going to order a gray factor55 prolink.

Last edited:

Big_Stazy

Bumper looks great!!! How are you liking it so far? I am researching bumpers, wheels, tires ,etc for my new (2011 JK). Thanks for sharing!

SnailTrail

Thanks. I absolutely love this bumper. I went back and forth between PS and Evo. I went with PS because I like having fogs. That and Im pretty much set on PS all the way around. I just wish the winch was recessed like the Evo is. Wheels and tires are next on my list. Again Im debating on what wheels to get (ATX Slots or ProComp 7005). Time will tell.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Get PS before they start manufacturing in China. Don't know when that will start. Great color choice btw! :standing wave:

SnailTrail

From what I thought it was still going to be the same crew and facility that produces PS. Could be wrong though

10frank9

Web Wheeler
From what I thought it was still going to be the same crew and facility that produces PS. Could be wrong though

Once it was sold to Transamerican, it's only a matter of when production will be shipped off to the people's republic, not if.

SnailTrail

Maybe I'll get my rockers next to ensure I get them while they're good. It will just prolong me getting wheels and tires.

SnailTrail

Ok well I decided that Im going to order either the sides or the rear bumper. Which do you guys think I should do first?

K.D.C.H

A couple things your forgetting;

EVO Protek skid system - your running no lift and stock tires which means if you're going over rocks you'll be beating the hell out of things like your engine oil pan, transmission, exhaust and very thing else the skids protect.

EVO C2 gussets - these are cheap and can save you a lot of money down the road.

SnailTrail

The gussets I planned on doing when I get tires. I guess a little extra assurance now wouldnt be a bad thing. The skids I know Im going to need down the road as I get more into it. I dont really wheel hard or on rocks because Im still on stock tires and stock suspension. The reason why Im rushing buying the body parts is because I really like the PS stuff and if the quality goes to crap because of transamerica I would rather have the parts I want already. Sounds silly I know

SFNick

Ok well I decided that Im going to order either the sides or the rear bumper. Which do you guys think I should do first?

I say get the rocker protection before the rear bumper. You have a unlimited with no lift & factory tires. Those rockers will take a beating.

K.D.C.H

The reason why Im rushing buying the body parts is because I really like the PS stuff and if the quality goes to crap because of transamerica I would rather have the parts I want already. Sounds silly I know

Just my 2 cents but why go with a company who's quality may be crap in the near future. What happens if you need to replace something and you can only get crap parts.

Personally I'm going with EVO for all my stuff. I take comfort knowing it's all top quality parts now and in the future.

Top Bottom