SnailTrails "Barely Existant" Build

SnailTrail

You bring up a valid point. I never thought of future purchases if the product went south. I will have to give it some more thought before I click "place order". I really do like the Evo stuff too. I considered their 1/4 lb but ultimately chose the brawler.

K.D.C.H

You bring up a valid point. I never thought of future purchases if the product went south. I will have to give it some more thought before I click "place order". I really do like the Evo stuff too. I considered their 1/4 lb but ultimately chose the brawler.

Another reason why I prefer the 1/4 Pounder is they have the winch recessed into the bumper

1/4 pounder

Screen Shot 2015-02-10 at 8.05.19 PM.png

vs. PS

PSC-17-59-010-B-1_zps6ee72fce.jpg

SnailTrail

Another reason why I prefer the 1/4 Pounder is they have the winch recessed into the bumper

Thats the main reason I wanted the Evo. There is just something tough looking about it. Not to mention its a quality built part from what I hear.

I went and ordered the brawler rockers. They should be here sometime next week. I went this route again because I really like the look of the PS parts and I figured if something shall need replacing down the road and quality is crap, I will just change the look up. Im also not sure if I want to tackle the install myself or take it somewhere. Im not mechanically challenged but there is just something about drilling into the body that makes me nervous. I have access to a pneumatic nutsert gun and all the nutserts I could ever need so ruining them shouldnt be a problem for me. Anyone know the size off hand? Any tips for installing?

SnailTrail

Not really anything to update as far as parts. My sliders have been in but its been nothing but snow so I havent had the chance to put them on. I did however get to go out for a nice snowy "adventurous" trail ride today. A buddy of mine who has an XJ tagged along with his father who has a JKR. I was able to finally put my winch (Shittybilt X20 10s) to use for the first time since I bought it a month ago. My buddy got stuck in a little bit of mud/ice. Nothing too deep either. Lets just say Im not in any way thrilled with it. First off the wireless decided it didnt want to work. No biggie. I still have a cord. Plugged the cord in and went to pull my line. Well now it wouldnt go into free spool. Only way was to winch out in short intervals which took forever. While winching out the motor decides it want to winch in instead. Now my controls are backwards. Finally get him hooked up and well what do you know, cant pull him out. We hooked up another winch and yanked him out with the two. Winch my line back in and go to pull the cord out and half the connector stays in the winch with one of the pins. WTF!! I furious over this. Everything worked fine when I installed it. This is literally the first time its been used other than the initial rope install. And its only a month old at that. I REALLY wish I could afford a WARN at this point. Im going to call Quadratech up tomorrow since their customer service is closed now and see what they say. Three different failures in one use is not quality in my mind. Maybe its just a lemon but Im not sure I even want a replacement.

SnailTrail

So the winch is going back to Quadratec for a full refund. I have to say that their customer service is awesome. Im going Warn. No question about it. Just have to decide on which one to go with. Ive narrowed it down to 3 but if anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it.

VR10000 w/ synthetic
Zeon 10s
Zeon 12 w/ steel. I could always upgrade later to synthetic

Last edited:

SnailTrail

Got my new winch in today. Went with the Zeon 10s. What a difference in build quality. Going to get the fairlead coated before I put it on. Also have to replace the motor ground wire. It got pinched in shipping but shouldn't be a big deal to replace.

BlackHawk08jk

Got my new winch in today. Went with the Zeon 10s. What a difference in build quality. Going to get the fairlead coated before I put it on. Also have to replace the motor ground wire. It got pinched in shipping but shouldn't be a big deal to replace.

Can't go wrong with a warn.

SnailTrail

I installed the Evo Level kit last week and love it. It brought my front right back to where it was. I didnt do the rear however. I dont have a spare on the back so I figured the weight wasnt there to warrant the extra height. I also went to Rausch Creek this past weekend and it performed pretty good. I was surprised what a basically stock jeep could do. I cant wait to go back. I was pretty sure I was going to cut a tire out there. I think tires and wheels are next.

SnailTrail

Made it out to Rausch Creek again. Cant wait to go again. Really in need of tires though. I kept sliding around.

Attachments

• 1440887437526.jpg
    1440887437526.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 1440887467831.jpg
    1440887467831.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 210

SnailTrail

Got my brawler rockers back from the powder coater. I made the mistake of getting them coated before test fitting. Does anyone have a recommendatin on a place to get them installed in s. jersey or close by. I could probably do it myself but I would rather have someone who has done it do it.

SnailTrail

Ok so the quote I got was a little steep. Anybody somewhat local (nj) thats done them want to make some extra cash?

SnailTrail

Ok so Im pretty bad at updating my build thread. My sides are on and I aquired a set of 35 general grabber at2. The only picture I have is of the recent snow storm. Tires did fairly well. I hope we get some more.

So now Im stuck deciding what to get next.
1. Chamber Pros ( Im on stock now)
2. Evo Enforcer ( I have the Evo level now but really want coilovers. Dont know when that will happen and even when it does it may be better to get a prorock first)
3. PSC rear bumber to finish off the bumpers
4. A regear and possibly rear locker

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Ok so Im pretty bad at updating my build thread. My sides are on and I aquired a set of 35 general grabber at2. The only picture I have is of the recent snow storm. Tires did fairly well. I hope we get some more.

So now Im stuck deciding what to get next.
1. Chamber Pros ( Im on stock now)
2. Evo Enforcer ( I have the Evo level now but really want coilovers. Dont know when that will happen and even when it does it may be better to get a prorock first)
3. PSC rear bumber to finish off the bumpers
4. A regear and possibly rear locker

Of these choices, I would say you will probably see the most benefit out of a regear and a rear locker. A locker really does make a big difference. Your EVO leveling kit paired with 35s will be plenty capable for most things you will do on 35s. I would also suggest gusseting the C's on your front axle. Cheap insurance and can help you avoid a common issue with the end forgings. I would personally wait to do coilovers until you can afford to replace that front axle. Those coilovers will get you driving much faster and that's when you'll really start breaking shit. Good looking rig, it's coming along nicely!

SnailTrail

Of these choices, I would say you will probably see the most benefit out of a regear and a rear locker. A locker really does make a big difference. Your EVO leveling kit paired with 35s will be plenty capable for most things you will do on 35s. I would also suggest gusseting the C's on your front axle. Cheap insurance and can help you avoid a common issue with the end forgings. I would personally wait to do coilovers until you can afford to replace that front axle. Those coilovers will get you driving much faster and that's when you'll really start breaking shit. Good looking rig, it's coming along nicely!

Thanks! Taking longer than I want but financial obligations come first. I was thinking the same thing about the lift. I plan on cutting my fenders soon so that will give me more clearance and I already have gussets so I'm good there too. The gearing is definately the most beneficial atm, I'm just hoping I can do a locker at the same time. I got quoted about 1200. for a regear without locker earlier tonight. Of course then I would need the compressor. Decisions decisions. Its funny cause I know exactly what I want, its just the order of doing them that I can't decide on.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
In regards to the locker choice, I'm sure ARB is the pinnacle of lockers, but there are some good electronic lockers out there as well. I fried my front Rubicon locker and ended up going with an Ox locker, which can actually use air or an electronic solenoid to lock. I got the electronic version and have been very happy with it. That could save you some cash as well.

Top Bottom