SnailTrails "Barely Existant" Build

SnailTrail

I never thought of a electronic locker. If anything I'll prob just do the regear for now. On another note though I did a quick trim on my front fenders. Still need to do a final shape but Im not happy with how they came out. Maybe once theyre finished. Also found out I have a leaky axle seal. Dripping fluid on the tire so that need replacing now.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I never thought of a electronic locker. If anything I'll prob just do the regear for now. On another note though I did a quick trim on my front fenders. Still need to do a final shape but Im not happy with how they came out. Maybe once theyre finished. Also found out I have a leaky axle seal. Dripping fluid on the tire so that need replacing now.

I know a locker is a lot of money, but you'll save yourself about $500 in labor if you do it now rather than later. Pound for pound, nothing beats this upgrade on your Jeep offroad. Just my :twocents:

swampdog

I know a locker is a lot of money, but you'll save yourself about $500 in labor if you do it now rather than later. Pound for pound, nothing beats this upgrade on your Jeep offroad. Just my :twocents:

^^^He is right. No additional labor usually charged to install the locker during gearing. After the fact...you will be charged for a full regear install as the rear diff has to be disassembled for the install. This is sound advice. Save the $ and do it all at once.

SnailTrail

I know, its just double the amount. We will see when the time comes. If I can swing it I will. If not it will just have to wait until I can.

Painted one of the rings today too. I was going for a gunmetal color to match my grille but it came out quite darker. Cant wait to get them put on (next sunday). I'll try and get a picture tomorrow when there is better light.

SnailTrail

Finally got my wheels on today. Love the way they look. Wish the paint on the rings was a little lighter to stand out more but I can repajnt them when the time comes. Next on the list is to finish my fenders and install my rubicon swaybar.

Attachments

• 1458515501483.jpg
    1458515501483.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 113

SnailTrail

Well I had a chance to swap my swaybars today. Didn't go well. For some reason the bar will not lock. I took it all apart and not water and all looks to be greased real good. Gonna take a look at it tomorrow again and see if I can get it to lock.

SnailTrail

20180413_191058.jpg

Ive come to the realization that I am horrible at updating my build. Either way, I gave it a much needed bath today. Whole inside was cleaned as well. Since Jan, Ive installed truck lites, rigid dss pillar lights, a new set of coopers and replaced my cobra 75 wx st with a uniden bearcat 880.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

View attachment 299243

Ive come to the realization that I am horrible at updating my build. Either way, I gave it a much needed bath today. Whole inside was cleaned as well. Since Jan, Ive installed truck lites, rigid dss pillar lights, a new set of coopers and replaced my cobra 75 wx st with a uniden bearcat 880.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app
Okay, but what's new since March 2016? 🤣

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SnailTrail

Not much. Rear axle shafts and some tools. Grabbed the milwaukee 1/2 and 3/8 impact guns. Right now Im in the middle of rebuilding my quad and saving for a house so I probably wont get much more done this year. Id like to get the body mount tire carrier by the end of year though. Kind of want my trunk space back.

SnailTrail

Nothing major but installed Quadratec Techstyle seat covers over the weekend. Having recently getting a puppy and bringing him places with me several times a week, my leather was getting scratched. Overall fit isnt too bad. The fronts are a little loose for my liking but thats probably due to my ocd or I have them tightened down wrong. Anyhow, here is what they look like

Attachments

• 20180430_071239.jpg
    20180430_071239.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 20180430_071303.jpg
    20180430_071303.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 42

SnailTrail

I was finally able to get to Rausch Creek this year. It was the first time for the kids so we decided to just do a guided green. They all seemed to like it which is good. The only bad thing about the guided ride was that we were always on the move. We didnt really stop to be able to get any pictures. This is one my daughter was able to grab.

Resized95Snapchat-888753325.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom