Page 325 of 355 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 3541

Thread: WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    If you play with your Jeep, you're gonna want to find a good shop to have your shafts re-balanced and or rebuilt from time to time. If you don't have a good local shop, you can ship your shaft to one but then, you'll be out of a Jeep until you get them back and that can take some time.

I thought about it but really, I'm beyond it. If it weren't for the fact that I was in a pinch, I would never have bought shafts from them in the first place.
    Well that sucks. A lot of money wasted.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

To add insult to injury, not only did we pay almost twice as much for the Adam's Driveshafts we bought back in October, they weren't balanced for shit. Being that they were new, I assumed the problem was on my end and dicked around trying to adjust my pinion and caster again and again and again with no change. Finally decided that the problem had to be a balancing one and... what do ya know, it was.

I should point out that after installing our ProRock 44, it was a lot worse. I did change the front flange to a yoke and so the front shaft was about an inch short but if it really shouldn't have made a difference. With it removed, the oscillation was gone but we still had a droning vibration coming from the rear. I decided to retube the front shaft to make it the correct length and rebalance the rear and now our JL runs smooth and quite and all for just $246. Gotta love my local driveline shop! Should have just gone there in the first place.
    Man, That totally sucks, but good your problem is sorted out. Really sucks you lost money on it too. While I've said before I'll certainly go at those guys when my time comes this definitely solidifies it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Damn straight it sucks. I paid $1558.69 for these Adam’s shafts and they’ve sucked from day one. I literally could have had my local shop custom make them for $369 each - that’s $738 for both!

Here, you can see that balancing only cost me $94.50.

Oh, and did I mention that I brought it in at 11 am on a busy Friday morning and got a call at 1 pm saying that I could come by to pick up?!

I know people love their name brand shit but local is the only way to go.

Wow, that price difference is crazy.... I'm going to give my local shop here a shot when I am ready for mine.... they've been very helpful on my work trucks in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Well that sucks. A lot of money wasted.
    Definitely a lesson learned and at a cost.

I just dug up my last invoice for the brand new 1350 driveshaft that I bought for Moby from my local shop. As you can see here, it just cost $369.90.

IMG_4643.jpg

And, here's what Adam's charged me for two 1350 shafts.

IMG_4642.jpg

Obviously, you'd have to divide that by two but that still gets you $719.95 each. That's almost double the cost!

Now, if these shafts were balanced well, I may not have the heartburn I have now being that I was in a pinch for time. But, for what I paid and for what I got, I can't say I'd ever do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Man, That totally sucks, but good your problem is sorted out. Really sucks you lost money on it too. While I've said before I'll certainly go at those guys when my time comes this definitely solidifies it.
    Honestly, there's only one shop I've used that's been as good but they're down in SoCal, still cost more and take a lot longer to get work done. This shop up here is amazing! Really fair prices and super fast turn around times. I highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Wow, that price difference is crazy.... I'm going to give my local shop here a shot when I am ready for mine.... they've been very helpful on my work trucks in the past.
    It really is the best way to go in my opinion.

Thankfully you got it sorted out locally. Sucks about the Adams.

The Big Buddy line of heaters work great. When plumed to a 5 gallon tank it lasts a long time. I had a jet style propane heater and a diesel heater. The diesel makes me sick and the jet requires ear plugs. lol
    en hopup veritas

Need one of these. Too bad you spent the same amount on crap shafts.

IMG_7480.jpg

RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    Thankfully you got it sorted out locally. Sucks about the Adams.
    It's all good. Not the first time I've gotten the shaft from a driveshaft shop.

The Big Buddy line of heaters work great. When plumed to a 5 gallon tank it lasts a long time. I had a jet style propane heater and a diesel heater. The diesel makes me sick and the jet requires ear plugs. lol
    I've not looked at Big Buddy before. I got the jet style one because it'll heat up my big garage well but there's no way I could run diesel in it. I tried it once and yes, it'll make you sick and it puts out soot. Kerosene is what I use and it's better but crazy loud for sure. All I really need is something that I can point in my general direction to give me a bit of warmth and that Big Buddy might do the trick better than my Costco radiant heater. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Need one of these. Too bad you spent the same amount on crap shafts.

IMG_7480.jpg

Actually, I have one but just haven't gotten around to get it installed. Also, I'd need to get gas out in the back garage or have propane installed.

Actually, I have one but just haven't gotten around to get it installed. Also, I'd need to get gas out in the back garage or have propane installed.
    You could buy a propane tank cheap and plumb it. I’m sure a big tank would last you a very long time in the garage.

RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80