Page 353 of 353 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353
Results 3,521 to 3,526 of 3526

Thread: WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

That was close.

Have you ever found the glass tunnel that a lightning strike will make in the ground?

I got one once near Stateline. Was waiting out a storm in the truck, and I one struck the ground about 30 feet away.

My friend and I went and dig it up after the storm. It was about 18" deep and probably 4" diameter at the top, tapering to nothing. The bottom 6" to 8" was too small and broke off.

Somewhere in a box I may still have the picture of it, from over 20 years ago.

My front yard about a month ago.IMG_4839.jpgIMG_4840.jpgIMG_4843.jpgIMG_4844.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Holy shit, the strike that hit across the street actually hit the house and caused a fire on the roof! Good thing the fire department is close by.

Attachment 334101
    Yikes. Hope they are ok

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Matthew Nicholas
    The Wampa- 16’ JK Rubicon Hard Rock
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    That was close.

Have you ever found the glass tunnel that a lightning strike will make in the ground?

I got one once near Stateline. Was waiting out a storm in the truck, and I one struck the ground about 30 feet away.

My friend and I went and dig it up after the storm. It was about 18" deep and probably 4" diameter at the top, tapering to nothing. The bottom 6" to 8" was too small and broke off.

No way, that sounds so cool! I've only seen lightning hit the ground once and was surprised by the ball of fire it made! I should have gone out to look for one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    My front yard about a month ago.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE
    Holy hell!!

Quote Originally Posted by Abntroop View Post
    Yikes. Hope they are ok
    Looked down the street after all the fire trucks came by and it appeared as much.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    That was close.

I had no idea it did that, very cool!

Matthew Nicholas
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Looked down the street after all the fire trucks came by and it appeared as much.
    Good! Now hopefully today won’t be as dramatic.

Matthew Nicholas

Page 353 of 353 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353