new gen. truck-lites

Holeshot

Banned
hiii everyone!

I was wondering if anybody here installed and/or tried the new gen. truck-lite 7" LED headlights? Yeah I know Eddie did, but haven't found any details on this.

I've searched for info on google, found couple pictures and video, but I'd like some more review on this.

http://betterautomotivelighting.com/tag/7/
7roundcomparison.jpg

go to 1:00 for comparison

IMO, from what I see on the web, It seems to be quite good, and seems to light as much as HIDs.

For sure, it's gonna be one of the next purchase I'll do, Too tired of my candles xD

Last edited:

Holeshot

Banned
ok yeah I do remember that comparison, But the pictures aren't showing how they really light up. If I would base my judgement only on the pics in your comparison I would say that it's just brighter than OEM, but If I look at the pic and the vid I posted above we can clearly see the difference. That's why I'm asking the opinion from others ;)

That said, tell me how you like them compared to oem? Can you see farther? wider? From what I see, I would say it's comparable to 6000k hids.

Last edited:

Holeshot

Banned
I just read the comments in your comparison thread, and well, I must say that I'm worried about the fact they're not becoming hot enough to melt the snow since we have snow 6 months a year up there... :thinking: I'm gonna try to find info from the guys from up here.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That said, tell me how you like them compared to oem? Can you see farther? wider? From what I see, I would say it's comparable to 6000k hids.

oh man, there is absolutely NO comparison to the OEM lights which flat out suck and put out next to no light what so ever. trust me, the old style truck-lites worked wonders and the newer style lights up even more. you can see farther, way wider and directly in front of you as well and with a much whiter light to boot.

Holeshot

Banned
Glad to read that!

I really really like the smoked look of the new gen, but I will wait until I have reviews from guys who wheeled these in the snow. Like I mentionned above, I'm worried about them to be too cold for melting the snow on the lens, which would be annoying at long term I guess.

Just want to make sure it's worth the buck, still not sure if I would go with 6000k hids or the new gen.. :thinking:

I can get hids on ebay for 80$ a set to my door... It's quite cheap compared to the truck-lites lol

MTG

Caught the Bug
Holeshot said:
I just read the comments in your comparison thread, and well, I must say that I'm worried about the fact they're not becoming hot enough to melt the snow since we have snow 6 months a year up there... :thinking: I'm gonna try to find info from the guys from up here.

I just put them in Monday. They are amazing!

Snow was a concern for me too, so I asked the truck-lite rep at SEMA about it. He said the haven't had a problem with snow collecting on the lights and blocking output. In fact, he said they are used a lot in snowplows.

Hope that helps!

J-S

Just want to make sure it's worth the buck, still not sure if I would go with 6000k hids or the new gen.. :thinking:

I can get hids on ebay for 80$ a set to my door... It's quite cheap compared to the truck-lites lol

I was told by people at GR suspension that HID's are not doing well on jeep/dodge product and that we are better off going LED

Markymark420

If you are worried about snow collecting and freezing why don't you just put baby oil or something compatible with polycarbonate on the lenses.

GCM 2

Snow was a concern for me too, so I asked the truck-lite rep at SEMA about it. He said the haven't had a problem with snow collecting on the lights and blocking output. In fact, he said they are used a lot in snowplows.

Hope that helps!

Glad you got them Mike! I still think this is absolutely the best $500 I have spent on my jeep to this day. A fantastic upgrade for any vehicle :rock:

MTG

Caught the Bug
GCM 2 said:
Glad you got them Mike! I still think this is absolutely the best $500 I have spent on my jeep to this day. A fantastic upgrade for any vehicle :rock:

Yeah. The perfect upgrade for the short days we are having! Totally worth every cent.

Holeshot

Banned
I was told by people at GR suspension that HID's are not doing well on jeep/dodge product and that we are better off going LED

That's what I'm planning since I own my jk. Every single light will be replaced with LEDs

Jersey_Devil

Someone over on the JK-Forum asked this same question and here was my reply

Jersey_Devil said:
Here's my trucklite headlights.... They are worth EVERY PENNY! The light is just so crisp and clear.... U can see EVERYTHING!

Just Low beams (fog lights off)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just hi beams (fog lights off)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Plus they look cool during the day!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hope this helps!

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
hmmm, i tried fixing them but see he posted them as attachments on jkf. unfortunately, they'll need to be re-uploaded here or, a link to the thread will need to be posted here.

I am just reading this thread and the pics are showing up.. Just an FYI. Maybe you did fix them Eddie.

The TrukLite LEDs are very nice and a planned upgrade for me in the future. I just use my RIGID LEDs right now if I need a little extra light.

Jersey_Devil

wayoflife said:
hmmm, i tried fixing them but see he posted them as attachments on jkf. unfortunately, they'll need to be re-uploaded here or, a link to the thread will need to be posted here.

There showing up on the app and the Web for me..... U musta fixed it.... I used the camera on the application so the pics aren't saved in my tablet and it's daylight now so I couldn't take new ones sonic tried to "qoute" then copy and paste... The pics aren't the best my tablet only has a 3mp camera and night shots aren't the best but the houses at the end of the street are a good quarter mile away and as u can see even with the crappy pics u can see their entire yard..... Hope that helps some

Holeshot

Banned
Ok now it works. I guess it is the cheap ass server at work that blocks everything lol.

Hope that helps!

There's one more question I gotta ask. How cold it is where these snowplows works? I'm quite sure at not less than -10 C it will not freeze over the lens, but here, we frequently have -15 to -30 Celsius..

Top Bottom