Page 113 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2431

Thread: WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Looks like a great time. Great shots. Maybe I missed it but where were y'all at? We just left ouray (angel creek camping).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very cool, looks like a great time!

B.O.D. Build - 2014 Granite Crystal JKU - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...t-Build-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Judesign View Post
    Looks like a great time. Great shots. Maybe I missed it but where were y'all at? We just left ouray (angel creek camping).

We were right outside Grand Lake around 9k. Any snow left where you were at?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_JK_Houston_711 View Post
    Very cool, looks like a great time!

Indeed it was.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Crazy to see the elk just hanging out what looks like yards from all the humans at the campgrounds.

B.O.D. Build - 2014 Granite Crystal JKU - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...t-Build-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    We were right outside Grand Lake around 9k. Any snow left where you were at?

Indeed it was.
    Yeah the only thing that was really open was ophir, engineers pass has a rockslide that they are saying could take the year to clear, black bear was a no-go until probably late July, even yankee boy basin was only 3/4 open. It got down to freezing two out of three nights we were there. Even still we have never been so we were blown away.

Crazy to see the elk just hanging out what looks like yards from all the humans at the campgrounds.

It is something I grew up with and really took for granted, but now as an adult, I am dumbfounded by how used to humans that these creatures are. I have been in vehicles where the elk just stick there heads in the window when you pull over to look at them. It's bittersweet...As much as it would be more natural for them to be afraid of humans, because they aren't we've have years worth of enjoyment seeing them. This is only the second time that I've camped here, and both times were just like this, elk just wondered through like we weren't even there.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Judesign View Post
    Yeah the only thing that was really open was ophir, engineers pass has a rockslide that they are saying could take the year to clear, black bear was a no-go until probably late July, even yankee boy basin was only 3/4 open. It got down to freezing two out of three nights we were there. Even still we have never been so we were blown away.

Good to hear you had a good time. We may try to get over to that area of the state this year.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    It is something I grew up with and really took for granted, but now as an adult, I am dumbfounded by how used to humans that these creatures are. I have been in vehicles where the elk just stick there heads in the window when you pull over to look at them. It's bittersweet...As much as it would be more natural for them to be afraid of humans, because they aren't we've have years worth of enjoyment seeing them. This is only the second time that I've camped here, and both times were just like this, elk just wondered through like we weren't even there.
    Yea, I get the bittersweet thing for sure. It's really cool though that they come right up to you, as long as they aren't aggressive. I'm sure your kids get a kick out of that and soak that up.

Yea, I get the bittersweet thing for sure. It's really cool though that they come right up to you, as long as they aren't aggressive. I'm sure your kids get a kick out of that and soak that up.
    They love it. We've taught them to enjoy from a distance and let the animals do their thing.

Dude....looking sweet, nice little trip!

2004 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 L, Graphite Metallic, Stock
    Build Thread Here

Page 113 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast