Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Daystar 1.5" Lift & 225/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros PICS

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Daystar 1.5" Lift & 225/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros PICS

Even though we bought Renny, our 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk back in February, we hadn't been able to do to much to it if only because there just hasn't been much of anything available for it. That is of course, not up until now anyway. Fortunately for us, Daystar has embraced the Renegade as a real Jeep just like we have and they've started to develop some well needed products for it including a great 1.5" spacer lift. With this lift, you can effectively run a tire that is about 2" taller than what comes from the factory on a Sport, Latitude or Limited and about a 1" taller or so on a factory Trailhawk. For our purposes, we were able to go from a 215/65R17 Goodyear Wrangler SR-A to a 225/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro mud terrain tire (with the help of new 16" Chevy HHR Wheels and 1.25" wheel spacers) with just a touch of rubbing of the fender liner at a 3/4 turn of the steering wheel. Anyway, here are some first pics of what our Jeep Renegade Trailhawk now looks like, I hope you enjoy :cool:

First off, this is a shot of what our Renegade looked like right after we brought it home.
main.php

And, this is what it looks like now.
main.php

Here are more pics to get you a better idea of just how much nicer a Jeep Renegade can look with just a little bit of help.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Here are a few shots that will help you to see just how much nicer a Jeep Renegade can look with an aggressive set of tires and a wider stance (thanks to the help of 1.25" wheel spacers). First, here's a before shot.
main.php

And now, here's what our Renegade looks like now.
main.php

main.php

A couple of shots from the back. First, what it used to look like.
main.php

What it looks like now.
main.php

main.php

Here's a shot that will help to show just how much more ground clearance an additional 2" of lift (1.5" lift + 0.5" of extra tire lift) will give you.
main.php

A few more low shots so that you can get a better look at the stance and our new Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires mounted on 16" Chevy HHR steel wheels.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Close up shot of the 16" Chevy HHR Wheel with a 1.25" wheel spacer to help clear the brake caliper and give a nice stance.
main.php

Here's a before shot of what the factory wheels looked like under the front fender of the Renegade Trailhawk.
main.php

And here's what it looks like now.
main.php

Again, this is what the rear looked like from the factory.
main.php

And this is what our Renegade Trailhawk looks like now.
main.php

And finally, here are some snow play shots that we took out on our maiden voyage with the new lift and tires installed.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

We got our Cooper STT Pros from Discount Tire
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/ti...pc|89701&tmn=Discoverer+STT+PRO&typ=Truck/SUV

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Renny looks freaking SWEET!!! It's amazing how much of a difference new wheels and tires make!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Did you do a fifth wheel for a spare? And if so does it fit in the spot for the spare?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you do a fifth wheel for a spare? And if so does it fit in the spot for the spare?

We didn't but we're considering it now. We weren't sure if one would fit in the trunk cubby but, after giving it a look, I think we can remove the foam inserts surrounding the existing spare and make it work. I will have to give it a try and let you know :yup:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
We didn't but we're considering it now. We weren't sure if one would fit in the trunk cubby but, after giving it a look, I think we can remove the foam inserts surrounding the existing spare and make it work. I will have to give it a try and let you know :yup:

Awesome thanks!

Kalums

In all reality I wasn't even going to give the renegade a second thought, I mean it looks fine just not my cup of tea, however with that lift and new tires it just gained some real appeal. Looks great congrats. Can't wait to see some "in action" photos!

JeepJeep75

I really liked the Renegade when it came out. My wife really likes it too. So much in fact, she brought up getting one for her next vehicle. Now we can't wait to get one and make it unique from the rest like you have. I can't wait to see what else becomes available for the renegade. Renny looks so cool with his new shoes and wider, talker stance!! [emoji106][emoji106]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you guys are liking what you see. I just wish someone would make a set of rocker guards for the Renegade :)

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Glad you guys are liking what you see. I just wish someone would make a set of rocker guards for the Renegade :)

Looks awesome and I also hope others embrace the Renegade! Did you ever get a chance to see if Truck-Lites/7" round headlights would work with the Renegade?

longarmwj

That looks a lot larger than 1.5 inches. Amazing what such a small amount can do to improve the overall look of a vehicle. I might have to pick one up now for myself.

I gotta say, that made a huge difference Eddie. Completely different. With the roof rack on there as well, it looks pretty dang rugged i think.

Jern26

When I first saw the renegades it was a hard nope for me... but I must admit those tires and small lift make a night and day difference lol. Looks badass!! ☺👍

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks awesome and I also hope others embrace the Renegade! Did you ever get a chance to see if Truck-Lites/7" round headlights would work with the Renegade?

I started looking into it a bit but found there's a lot of stuff that might need to get pulled to get to the lights. What I really need is an FSM so that I can remove just what I need to get to them.

That looks a lot larger than 1.5 inches. Amazing what such a small amount can do to improve the overall look of a vehicle. I might have to pick one up now for myself.

Well, with the tires, we saw 2.5" of lift from the ground to the rails on the unibody. I figure things might settle out a bit but feel quite confident that we'll still have 2" of total lift or more.

Hmmmm a Tahoe or a Renegade.....? Renny sure makes me think about it :cheesy:

Ummm, yeah, right :crazyeyes:

I'll bet you and the guys at EVO could do a badass custom project for that. Do the new tires rub at all?

I may have to employ EVO's help for rocker guards if nobody else comes out with a set.

The front tires do rub just a hair at about a 3/4 turn of the steering wheel. The corner of the tire just makes contact with a dimple on the fender liner but not enough to really matter. I may see if the liner can be pushed in to help out.

Top Bottom