Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Daystar 1.5" Lift & 225/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros PICS

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you decide to recalibrate, most of the time, the dealer will do it for you by manually changing the parameters. It can run from 50-100 bucks usually. I would call them first to make sure they have the capability, but they usually can. Driveability dept will usually do it.

Yeah, I thought about giving them a call IF I noticed any problems with the shift pattern but so far, things are working out okay. I know on the JK, the dealership could only calibrate up to the largest tire they sold which at the time was only a 32" tire. So far, nobody seems to know squat about the Renegade though. :rolleyes2:

ShadowHawk

I was wondering, what would cause the toe to be so far off in the rear? and is there any known way to get it corrected? I'm asking, cause I use mine everyday and want something that can be set with very minimal error.

WJCO

Meme King
I was wondering, what would cause the toe to be so far off in the rear? and is there any known way to get it corrected? I'm asking, cause I use mine everyday and want something that can be set with very minimal error.

Welcome to WAL. You can only adjust it so far, especially after a lift. You could probably make some custom adjustment points. Is yours lifted or stock?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

ummm, 0.46° is less than half a degree - FAR from what I would consider to be "so far off".

ShadowHawk

Or maybe I'm asking, cause I'm not sure I'm seeing the same thing you guys are....was just looking for a lil understanding, cause to me it looks to be a whole degree off? But thanks for the clarification...

ShadowHawk

Welcome to WAL. You can only adjust it so far, especially after a lift. You could probably make some custom adjustment points. Is yours lifted or stock?

It's stock now, but I'm looking at the different lift options out currently, getting other stuff before I decide to purchase a lift that can be aligned appropriately and not have to do "closer rotations".. Thanks for the welcome as well!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Or maybe I'm asking, cause I'm not sure I'm seeing the same thing you guys are....was just looking for a lil understanding, cause to me it looks to be a whole degree off? But thanks for the clarification...

Sorry, I looked at your post again and you are correct and I was mistaken. I thought you were talking about the front. The rear IS about a degree off. To me, this is still far from being "so far off" as the measured difference would be insignificant but, it is off just the same. I've put on almost 2,000 miles since lifting my Renegade and I haven't seen any noticeable negative effects from it.

ShadowHawk

Sorry, I looked at your post again and you are correct and I was mistaken. I thought you were talking about the front. The rear IS about a degree off. To me, this is still far from being "so far off" as the measured difference would be insignificant but, it is off just the same. I've put on almost 2,000 miles since lifting my Renegade and I haven't seen any noticeable negative effects from it.

Thank you for letting me know, and idk if you have personal communication with Daystar products, but do you foresee them making adjustable rear arms to have full range to correct? BTW you guys Renegade looks awesome and seems to perform well! Love the YouTube vids and hope for more to come!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for letting me know, and idk if you have personal communication with Daystar products, but do you foresee them making adjustable rear arms to have full range to correct? BTW you guys Renegade looks awesome and seems to perform well! Love the YouTube vids and hope for more to come!

I have talked to Daystar about the toe issue and they have assured me that the toe can be properly set by adjusting all the arms. I haven't had a chance to take my Renegade back to the alignment shop but when I get a chance, I will ask them to look into this.

ShadowHawk

I have talked to Daystar about the toe issue and they have assured me that the toe can be properly set by adjusting all the arms. I haven't had a chance to take my Renegade back to the alignment shop but when I get a chance, I will ask them to look into this.

Ok, awesome! Thanks for getting back with me and letting me know! I'm just trying to weigh out all my options before I purchase any lift.

jgoerlitz

Any negative effects from the spacers? Even if you get an alignment on your jeep the spacers still puts more strain on the bearings and the suspension defeating the engineers spending months or years they put into having this particular design(Ackermann principle). Even with offset rims you're still not accomplishing anything. Uneven tire wear, excessive bearing stress, spacer shearing off under hard breaking, and having to worry about 40 lugs instead of 20?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any negative effects from the spacers? Even if you get an alignment on your jeep the spacers still puts more strain on the bearings and the suspension defeating the engineers spending months or years they put into having this particular design(Ackermann principle). Even with offset rims you're still not accomplishing anything. Uneven tire wear, excessive bearing stress, spacer shearing off under hard breaking, and having to worry about 40 lugs instead of 20?

LOL!! Don't know why you even bothered to ask a question being that you're clearly a guy with all the answers.

By the way, Welcome to WAYALIFE :rolleyes2:

WJCO

Meme King

Yeah, I guess he should have left it stock to accommodate the engineers, huh? Here at Wayalife, we enjoy modifying our vehicles and try to be safe and practical about it. Lots of guys here run spacers on lots of different vehicles and don't have the problems you mentioned. But then again, I'm not an engineer, so I don't really know shit about that stuff.

jgoerlitz

Yeah, I guess he should have left it stock to accommodate the engineers, huh? Here at Wayalife, we enjoy modifying our vehicles and try to be safe and practical about it. Lots of guys here run spacers on lots of different vehicles and don't have the problems you mentioned. But then again, I'm not an engineer, so I don't really know shit about that stuff.

Well some manufacturers have an option of factory installed wheel spacers like Porsche because the bearings are designed to be abused on a track and can withstand the extra load. My question was if he had any noticeable negative side effects from the lift kit and spacers. Jeeps are renown for durability because it's a "Jeep" lol. Avoiding the negative side effects by the alignment and not going cheap on parts is a huge benefactor. Obviously losing some fuel mileage from added wind resistance and heavier tires making the motor work harder. The speedometer being off but it shouldn't be much by only going an inch or 2 larger with the tires. Probably around a 2 or 3 mph higher. Is his "renny" a daily commuter or just a weekend toy? Factors I personally think about before any aftermarket parts. I was inspired by his YouTube video where he was off roading with the Rubicon Jeeps. I'd love to get the daystar lift kit and spacers. I just wanted an opinion on daily use rather than just throwing stuff on without a personal review from someone who has already had the parts installed. Thinking about what is best for my renegade TH. This will be something I want to keep for years and not ruin by something that someone else regrets putting on their own Jeep. Understandable?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well some manufacturers have an option of factory installed wheel spacers like Porsche because the bearings are designed to be abused on a track and can withstand the extra load. My question was if he had any noticeable negative side effects from the lift kit and spacers. Jeeps are renown for durability because it's a "Jeep" lol. Avoiding the negative side effects by the alignment and not going cheap on parts is a huge benefactor. Obviously losing some fuel mileage from added wind resistance and heavier tires making the motor work harder. The speedometer being off but it shouldn't be much by only going an inch or 2 larger with the tires. Probably around a 2 or 3 mph higher. Is his "renny" a daily commuter or just a weekend toy? Factors I personally think about before any aftermarket parts. I was inspired by his YouTube video where he was off roading with the Rubicon Jeeps. I'd love to get the daystar lift kit and spacers. I just wanted an opinion on daily use rather than just throwing stuff on without a personal review from someone who has already had the parts installed. Thinking about what is best for my renegade TH. This will be something I want to keep for years and not ruin by something that someone else regrets putting on their own Jeep. Understandable?

Look buddy, it's your Jeep and clearly, you have a very precise idea of what you believe. Just build up your Jeep the way you want and spare us the dissertation on things that you think you know. :yup:

Top Bottom