Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Daystar 1.5" Lift & 225/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros PICS

Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Daystar 1.5" Lift & 225/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros PICS

Even though we bought Renny, our 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk back in February, we hadn't been able to do to much to it if only because there just hasn't been much of anything available for it. That is of course, not up until now anyway. Fortunately for us, Daystar has embraced the Renegade as a real Jeep just like we have and they've started to develop some well needed products for it including a great 1.5" spacer lift. With this lift, you can effectively run a tire that is about 2" taller than what comes from the factory on a Sport, Latitude or Limited and about a 1" taller or so on a factory Trailhawk. For our purposes, we were able to go from a 215/65R17 Goodyear Wrangler SR-A to a 225/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro mud terrain tire (with the help of new 16" Chevy HHR Wheels and 1.25" wheel spacers) with just a touch of rubbing of the fender liner at a 3/4 turn of the steering wheel. Anyway, here are some first pics of what our Jeep Renegade Trailhawk now looks like, I hope you enjoy

First off, this is a shot of what our Renegade looked like right after we brought it home.

And, this is what it looks like now.

Here are more pics to get you a better idea of just how much nicer a Jeep Renegade can look with just a little bit of help.

Here are a few shots that will help you to see just how much nicer a Jeep Renegade can look with an aggressive set of tires and a wider stance (thanks to the help of 1.25" wheel spacers). First, here's a before shot.

And now, here's what our Renegade looks like now.

A couple of shots from the back. First, what it used to look like.

What it looks like now.

Here's a shot that will help to show just how much more ground clearance an additional 2" of lift (1.5" lift + 0.5" of extra tire lift) will give you.

A few more low shots so that you can get a better look at the stance and our new Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires mounted on 16" Chevy HHR steel wheels.

Close up shot of the 16" Chevy HHR Wheel with a 1.25" wheel spacer to help clear the brake caliper and give a nice stance.

Here's a before shot of what the factory wheels looked like under the front fender of the Renegade Trailhawk.

And here's what it looks like now.

Again, this is what the rear looked like from the factory.

And this is what our Renegade Trailhawk looks like now.

And finally, here are some snow play shots that we took out on our maiden voyage with the new lift and tires installed.

We got our Cooper STT Pros from Discount Tire
    http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tir...yp=Truck%2FSUV

Renny looks so awesome now!
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

Renny looks freaking SWEET!!! It's amazing how much of a difference new wheels and tires make!
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Ty View Post
    Renny looks so awesome now!
    Thank you! It was a lot of work getting everything installed but we're real happy with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Renny looks freaking SWEET!!! It's amazing how much of a difference new wheels and tires make!
    I agree. It really is crazy how much better it looks

Did you do a fifth wheel for a spare? And if so does it fit in the spot for the spare?
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Ty View Post
    Did you do a fifth wheel for a spare? And if so does it fit in the spot for the spare?
    We didn't but we're considering it now. We weren't sure if one would fit in the trunk cubby but, after giving it a look, I think we can remove the foam inserts surrounding the existing spare and make it work. I will have to give it a try and let you know

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    We didn't but we're considering it now. We weren't sure if one would fit in the trunk cubby but, after giving it a look, I think we can remove the foam inserts surrounding the existing spare and make it work. I will have to give it a try and let you know
    Awesome thanks!
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

In all reality I wasn't even going to give the renegade a second thought, I mean it looks fine just not my cup of tea, however with that lift and new tires it just gained some real appeal. Looks great congrats. Can't wait to see some "in action" photos!

I really liked the Renegade when it came out. My wife really likes it too. So much in fact, she brought up getting one for her next vehicle. Now we can't wait to get one and make it unique from the rest like you have. I can't wait to see what else becomes available for the renegade. Renny looks so cool with his new shoes and wider, talker stance!!

Been Around the Block loscann48's Avatar
    Wow, what a difference a few inches can make...and people say size doesn't matter.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast