Page 1 of 168 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Hello all!

Most of you know me, but for those who don't my name is Nathan. I've been on Wayalife for quite some time and I've owned a handful of Jeeps, 4 to be exact. Last August, my wife and I made the hard decision to sell our Jeep due to wanting to pay off debt and going back to school.

Onyx was a 2014 JKU sport with a handful of mods
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453435860.484305.jpg

It sold in a quick two days and we quickly picked up a 2012 Toyota Tundra with over 90k miles on it.
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453435959.918572.jpg

What we did not anticipate were the number of issues that would come with it. We've had numerous problems since buying the truck, and what seemed like a great safe choice at the time, has turned out to be one of the most difficult issues that we've ever dealt with.

The discussion of the possibility of getting another vehicle started about a month ago, and we quickly focused our sights on another Jeep.

After the awful experience we've had with this used vehicle, we quickly made the decision that we would invest in a brand new Jeep. I personally wanted a leftover 2015 because of the warranty, but we had no luck finding one.

After 2 weeks of working with the same dealer (Elder Dodge/Jeep) as we purchased Onyx from in 2014, I was finally notified that the Jeep we'd been looking for had been located about 3 hours away.

A 2016 Billet Silver JKU Sport that we've decided to name "Steel"

I was made aware tonight that Steel has been delievered and is ready for pickup first thing in the morning. The only picture I have is this one from my sales guy (it's terrible)
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453436345.266115.jpg

We have NO and I repeat NO plans for this Jeep. Recovering from the money we spent on everything from the Toyota and school funds, we are lucky we are able to even get a new Jeep.

But my wife and I are Jeepers down to the core, and we'd rather have a Jeep with no Mods than no Jeep at all. Some people will question the fact of not wanting to mod our Jeep, but we simply want to enjoy it for what it is. The wayalife of owning a Jeep is enough for us!

So, if you follow this thread looking for big mods and cool stuff, you might loose interest quickly. Yes, mods will come here and there, but I feel that for the time being, the Jeep will remain stock and will be appreciated as such.

BUT, for those of you that have followed my other thread know that I love taking pictures of my Jeep, and i love adventures, trips, and everything in between. There will be no shortage of great Jeep photography.

So, I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I know that we will

Thanks for reading this long boring post!

EDIT : Where the fun begins

STAGE 1: http://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=733644

STAGE 2: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...l=1#post775825
    Last edited by Napalm; 10-06-2016 at 08:02 PM.

Banned
    Congrats brother!! Now you need to make plans to head to TN for the End of Summer Run!!!

Welcome back to the jeep world! A stock jk is plenty capable

Quote Originally Posted by thardy View Post
    Congrats brother!! Now you need to make plans to head to TN for the End of Summer Run!!!
    Thanks Trevor. I'm definitely going to start hunting for that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyJk View Post
    Welcome back to the jeep world! A stock jk is plenty capable
    Thanks Luis. The wife and I are very adamant that it remain stock. We've had so many problems with things that we've modified and recent vehicles that It's been so long since we've had something that we could just enjoy.

Nothing but a Thing IBeHeWhoIsJoshua's Avatar
    Good to see you're back! Sorry for all the hardships...quite a few of us have them. So, while not comforting really, you're also not alone.

Sweet ride and congrats! Can't wait for the first mod!
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Caught the Bug
    Congratulations on your new jeep Napalm. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by IBeHeWhoIsJoshua View Post
    Good to see you're back! Sorry for all the hardships...quite a few of us have them. So, while not comforting really, you're also not alone.
    Yeah I completely know what you mean. Buying a Toyota we expected to avoid costly issues that we suffered. Unfortunately we were wrong and learned our lesson the hard way!

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula View Post
    Sweet ride and congrats! Can't wait for the first mod!
    Watch out, we got a comedian up in here

Quote Originally Posted by JR24 View Post
    Congratulations on your new jeep Napalm. :thumbup:
    Thank you! Number 5 and counting

Welcome back to the jeep world!!! As the other have mentioned a stock jeep is fun and plenty capable! I always enjoyed your pics of onyx so I'm looking forward to the pics of steel!!!
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Page 1 of 168 1231151101 ... LastLast