Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Welcome back Nathan :thumb:
Congrats on the New JKU looking forward to more pics and updates SUBSCRIBED

Napalm

Yes! Welcome back. Happy for you my friend. And another great thread to follow!

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy the updates. :)

Welcome back bro! I'm super excited to see you back in a Jeep. Also love the color of yours [emoji3]. I know you said no mods but if you want them I have a set of from stock rubi springs that you can have for postage. Not sure but might level you out a little. Anyway, nice to have you and the family back in the WAL family!!!

Thank you! That's a very kind offer but I'll have to pass. While most people think it's a financial issue, to us it's really more of getting the most out of our JKU just as it was made. :) but thank you again!! Really kind of you.

Welcome back & congrats on the sweet ride! Like others that followed Onyx, I'm looking forward to the pics.

Thank you. I promise not to disappoint :)

Welcome back Nathan :thumb:
Congrats on the New JKU looking forward to more pics and updates SUBSCRIBED

Thank you!! We are psyched!

Congrats! And here I am debating a 2016 Tacoma or a 2016 JKUR .. :thinking:

I have nothing against Toyota, we've never had bad luck with them until now! Personally I love the new tacomas! Especially the new TRD Offeoads!

Congrats on the new JKU!

Thank you!!

Napalm

I have to say I am enjoying this new UConnect 430. I wasn't sure if I'd need such a nice radio on a JK but it is awesome! Nothing like plugging in an iPod and having 50gigs of music!

Napalm

After a busy day, and clocking about 150 miles on Steel's odometer, I only managed to snag one picture. What a disappointment!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453594151.180927.jpg

Somehow i missed this new thread...too many adult beverages probably. Congrats to you on getting back in a jeep. It killed me to see you sell Onyx. Steel is gonna make a great story for herself.

Napalm

Somehow i missed this new thread...too many adult beverages probably. Congrats to you on getting back in a jeep. It killed me to see you sell Onyx. Steel is gonna make a great story for herself.

Too many.. Is that possible?! Hahah. I'm glad to be back. I missed all you guys and I sure hope that she does :)

Ya. To think I had the top off on Christmas eve.

You know; if I would have had a Jeep around Christmas I think I could too.. What an interesting weather pattern. I'm sure we will get some wintery mix before its all said and done. I am thankful to have a 4x4 now just in case!

The last photo of my issue ridden 2012 Toyota Tundra.
View attachment 183809
And now the first photo of Steel now that we officially own her.
View attachment 183810

Steel is a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited sport in Billet Silver. She has multiple options but specifically the tracloc rear differential and the Uconnect430 radio were requested. Happy to be back in a JKU!

Of course, it wasn't long before Steel was offroad, in 4 wheel drive, and spending her first time driving through the forest off of pavement. :)
View attachment 183811
View attachment 183812
View attachment 183813
View attachment 183814

Those off road pics need to be in the jeep brochure. They look great.

RedRum

Glad to see your back your last build helped me out a lot and pointed me in th direction I ultimately ended up going ... Good luck with the new jeep

CCTX50

Welcome back brother. You have a fresh slate now to build upon. I look forward to the build and pictures.

I was up in your neck of the woods this past week. Mostly in Longview but went over to Kilgore and grabbed some BBQ at Country Tavern. I am glad to be back in South Texas where it is a little warmer.

Napalm

Welcome back brother. You have a fresh slate now to build upon. I look forward to the build and pictures.

I was up in your neck of the woods this past week. Mostly in Longview but went over to Kilgore and grabbed some BBQ at Country Tavern. I am glad to be back in South Texas where it is a little warmer.

Thanks for the welcome! Glad to be back :) Country Tavern is great food but I personally prefer Carters in East Longview. It may be in an old Gas station but it's great BBQ :)

Top Bottom