Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Congrats on getting another jeep and congrats on it being a new one! Its a great feeling buying a brand new vehicle. Dont worry about the mods, they will come when they are suppossed to. Dont forget about other peoples stock take offs also, some great deals can be had on factory rubicon takeoffs. :thumb:

Get out in it and have fun like the last one!

Napalm

Glad you're back, brother. :yup:

Hope y'all will come to some runs and trips still!

Of course! As long as you'll put up with the guy in the back with the stock JKU ;)

Congrats on the new rig!

Thank you! Feels great to be back in a Jeep.

Sweet and welcome to the Billet Silver club. Congrats.

I love this color! It's definitely my favorite and has been for awhile. I love how it looks like a bright silver in the sunlight but a dark anthracite in the shade/overcast.

Good to have you back napalm.

Glad to be back sir :)

Welcome back! Congratulations[emoji106]🏻

Thank you! Glad to be back. Only 6 months too long to be away :)

Congrats on getting another jeep and congrats on it being a new one! Its a great feeling buying a brand new vehicle. Dont worry about the mods, they will come when they are suppossed to. Dont forget about other peoples stock take offs also, some great deals can be had on factory rubicon takeoffs. :thumb:

Get out in it and have fun like the last one!

Yes I think it's coming at the perfect time. My wife and I held out and waited for the perfect Jeep in our price range, and we found it with this one.

We are lucky to be able to get back into a Jeep especially with it being only 6 months after buying our Toyota.

Napalm

The last photo of my issue ridden 2012 Toyota Tundra.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453483660.352230.jpg
And now the first photo of Steel now that we officially own her.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453483692.368164.jpg

Steel is a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited sport in Billet Silver. She has multiple options but specifically the tracloc rear differential and the Uconnect430 radio were requested. Happy to be back in a JKU!

Of course, it wasn't long before Steel was offroad, in 4 wheel drive, and spending her first time driving through the forest off of pavement. :)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453483820.188883.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453483832.175442.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453483842.248558.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453483878.300650.jpg

Don't forget to add the dimple mod. It's a free mod, most of us do. All you have to do is undo your door strap. Wind will do the rest...lol

Napalm

Steel settling in nicely to her new home!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453489552.014569.jpg

I will say how much I love the Billet silver now seeing it up close and personal. In the sunlight it has an amazing metal flake shine that the bright silver I owned just didn't have. I love it!

Now I will say it'll only be a short time until the front windows are tinted. I hate driving around in a non tinted vehicle!

daverawr

Woah. Nice to have you back. Sucks that the Toyota put you through that, we have 2001 land cruiser that's almost is at 400k glorious miles, only thing we had to replace was the ABS Brake system, this year. And we have a new land cruiser that is amazing and my uncle has a 95 Tacoma and 2004 tundra. And also has been nothing but great. He only drive toyotas. Maybe it's the newer years I guess. But hey the jeep is nice. Love the color. Hope to see you on some runs this year!

Napalm

Woah. Nice to have you back. Sucks that the Toyota put you through that, we have 2001 land cruiser that's almost is at 400k glorious miles, only thing we had to replace was the ABS Brake system, this year. And we have a new land cruiser that is amazing and my uncle has a 95 Tacoma and 2004 tundra. And also has been nothing but great. He only drive toyotas. Maybe it's the newer years I guess. But hey the jeep is nice. Love the color. Hope to see you on some runs this year!

My family is pretty adamant on Toyotas. I've owned them before but this was the first bad experience that I've had with them. It's unfortunately but we are blessed to be back in a Jeep. In the 6 hours we've owned it, we already feel like we are back at home. I went from a fully loaded tundra to a Jeep and I couldn't be happier :)

Congrats on the new JK Napalm! Looks sweet [emoji41]

Thanks Nick! Hope to make some runs this year either to ride along or run Steel :)

Brent McCartney

Steel settling in nicely to her new home!

View attachment 183824

I will say how much I love the Billet silver now seeing it up close and personal. In the sunlight it has an amazing metal flake shine that the bright silver I owned just didn't have. I love it!

Now I will say it'll only be a short time until the front windows are tinted. I hate driving around in a non tinted vehicle!

Looks good, awesome pics as always. Love my billet too.

Brent McCartney

Glad to be back and grateful to be back in a Jeep!

We are thankful and blessed to have the chance to have another one :)

Thanks Brent. I promise, there will be no shortage of pictures in this thread :)!

That's good, I think we all missed the daily pictures of Onyx.

Napalm

Taking Steel on a quick trip with the wife out of town tomorrow. Mostly for business stuff but hopefully I'll be able to snap a few shots along the way!

SilverBack

Welcome back bro! I'm super excited to see you back in a Jeep. Also love the color of yours [emoji3]. I know you said no mods but if you want them I have a set of from stock rubi springs that you can have for postage. Not sure but might level you out a little. Anyway, nice to have you and the family back in the WAL family!!!

dchotrod

Welcome back & congrats on the sweet ride! Like others that followed Onyx, I'm looking forward to the pics.

Top Bottom