My 2016 Sahara Build

Stick

My 2016 Sahara shortly after bringing it home from the dealership
Jeep.jpg
How it currently looks after adding a front bumper w/ winch and a few lights.
Jeep01.jpg

Here are my plans for the future:

Next few weeks:
Rear Bumper - LOD Jeep JK Signature Series Shorty Rear Bumper w/ Generation 4 Tire Carrier w/ the rigid lights cut outs
Sliders - EVO 4 Door RockSliders

After that is done I will be looking to add a lift & bigger tires, my current thoughts are as follows:
Lift - EVO MFG ENFORCER PRO STAGE 1
Gears - 4.88s (Yukons?) & ARB air locker for the rear
Front axle shaft - YUKON JK DANA 30, NON-RUBICON 4340 CHROME-MOLY REPLACEMENT AXLE KIT
Front Drive Shaft - J.E. REEL 1310
Wheels - undecided (recommendations?)
Tires - probably 37" brand undecided (recommendations?)
On Board Air - ARB Air Compressor

If there's anything I am missing or forgot please don't hesitate to let me know. This is my first time around the block and after my maiden voyage I am definitely hook.

Napalm

Beautiful White Sahara.

Awesome to see another build thread started! For tires it's all going to depend on what you are wanting out of tread. If you are a daily driver/weekend off-roader you might look into the Toyo Open country MT. They have great reviews and last a good while. The Nitto trail grapplers are great MTs as well. If your more just on road and off road every now and then, you might look into the BFG KO2. It's an aggressive all terrain tire that performs well on road and off road. As far as wheels, there are so many options, it's just about finding something that fits your jeep and what you like. Good luck with your search :)

BamBamDeer

Looks like you are off to a good start. Nice Rig. I look forward to seeing what you do in the future.

Good Luck!

Bunz-o-fun

Very cool! Another Land of Gar representative!
Nice start to the build and you've got a great looking Sahara. Keep us posted on any new additions.

Bunz-o-fun

Congrats! Can't wait for pics. Did you already do the LOD rear bumper/carrier?
You will love the nittos.
I have about 27k on my 35 trail grapplers and wearing nicely. Don't be surprised if there's a slight pull to the left after install.

Stick

The LOD bumper/ carrier just came in on Friday and that's the last piece I was waiting on. My Jeep install begins next Monday. The install will include the LOD bumper, EVO Enforcer Pro Stage 1, EVO Rock sliders, C gusssets and my new tires will be mounted on the Jeep. I'm very excited to finally get all these parts out of the house and onto the Jeep. So stay tuned for some new pictures in a couple weeks.

Stick

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459906458.306726.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459906483.116858.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459906510.769727.jpg

Brown Santa showed up late today but I just had to install the JW Speaker headlights and tail lights. The fog lights will have to wait for another day. Looking forward to driving into work in a few hours to see how well they work.

Stick

Bad news is that sitting outside the shop Monday night it got hit by a hailstorm that came through.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460579899.638664.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460579976.222793.jpg
So after the install is done I will have to get that fixed.

Stick

Yeah I got lucky it didn't break any windows on the Jeep. My brother lives about 3 miles from the shop and almost half the windows in his house were broken during the storm. Softball size hail was coming down, the worst I can remember in the area for some time.

Bunz-o-fun

Couple of coworkers from the wylie area haven't been at work the last two days because of that same Monday night hail storm. Cars were so messed up that they couldn't drive them. Plus they can't find rental cars locally. Not to mention the damage to the houses. Never seen softball/grapefruit sized hail before.
Sorry your rig got bashed. Insurance is good. The build is coming along nicely!

RedRum

Looks awesome ! I am installing my jw this weekend ... Sucks about the hail storm, last time we had hail come through I drove my new to a closed bank and sat there lol

Top Bottom