My 2016 Sahara Build

Stick

Here are some pics of the rear being installed.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460676891.588337.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460676913.498564.jpg
The rear bumper and sliders go on tomorrow.

Stick

Unfortunately it'll be a week before I can start looking for a place to repair the hail damage.

swampdog

You should be able to turn a decent profit on the insurance check with used body parts / upgrades for top etc.

Kyle7R

Unfortunately it'll be a week before I can start looking for a place to repair the hail damage.

You should be able to turn a decent profit on the insurance check with used body parts / upgrades for top etc.

I say call it a total loss, and you should take all of the recent mods off to give them to me :brows:

Jeep looks good, hope to be able to see it in person, even if it does still have a few dimples in it!

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug

I agree, refinish times are very expensive and by not doing the repairs, leaves a ton of money for the modifications. The only thing I would warn about is the value of the vehicle is reduced due to unrepaired prior damage, so be careful, it may easier to deem it a total loss in the future.

The modifications to date look really good.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Stick,

Fuck this noise!
I agree, refinish times are very expensive and by not doing the repairs, leaves a ton of money for the modifications. The only thing I would warn about is the value of the vehicle is reduced due to unrepaired prior damage, so be careful, it may easier to deem it a total loss in the future.

The modifications to date look really good.

And get your jeep fixed. :naw: It is a 2016, that already has coilovers. OBVIOUSLY you are a big boy and can save your money to buy what you want. :thumb:

Thats my opinion anyway.

Exodus 4x4

Stick,

Fuck this noise!

And get your jeep fixed. :naw: It is a 2016, that already has coilovers. OBVIOUSLY you are a big boy and can save your money to buy what you want. :thumb:

Thats my opinion anyway.

I'm too lazy to look back. Is the damage that bad? How much hail damage can a jeep have that can't be fixed by replacing the hood?

Stick

The pics don't really show how bad it was, the hood took a real beating. Even my winch has a big dent on top.

Considering that I only have 3,420 miles on it I think I'll get it fixed. Especially since the Jeep is looking all grown up now, it would be a shame not to fixed it.

swampdog

The pics don't really show how bad it was, the hood took a real beating. Even my winch has a big dent on top.

Considering that I only have 3,420 miles on it I think I'll get it fixed. Especially since the Jeep is looking all grown up now, it would be a shame not to fixed it.

I don't want what I said to be confused. It should definitely be fixed, but with insurance paying for new dealer OEM parts, and takeoffs can be had for cheap (hoods go for $100 all day around me), you should be able to pocket a profit. That is all I was saying.

Stick

Oh I will definitely look around to see if I can get something on the cheap. Especially if I can find something that will allow more airflow around the engine to help dissipate some of the heat.

swampdog

Oh I will definitely look around to see if I can get something on the cheap. Especially if I can find something that will allow more airflow around the engine to help dissipate some of the heat.

I've been looking for a power dome / hard rock good for a while in my area but haven't scored anything. May just have to bite the bullet at some point and get a louver.

Stick

Got half of my lux lighting rock lights installed, still trying to figure out where to mount the rears.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462845618.382626.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462845634.957900.jpg

Stick

Just relocated my license plate to the spare tire and placed an order for the Dynatrac ProGrip brake upgrade.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464648445.834795.jpg

Top Bottom