Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Boot comfort

All I wear are boots and flip flops...Red wing work boots and my cowboy boots are HH. These took forever to break in so now I just have the heels done every couple of years..never have had to replace the soles..had them about 8 years.

Thornton, Colorado by way of Houston Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    All I wear are boots and flip flops...Red wing work boots and my cowboy boots are HH. These took forever to break in so now I just have the heels done every couple of years..never have had to replace the soles..had them about 8 years.
    another vote for Double H's, some of the most comfortable boots I've ever had. And no matter what brand boots I get, I always get me a set of the Dr. Scholl's custom orthotics (the ones where you stand on the machine and it gives you suggestions on which ones to use)
    | 2013 JKU Rubicon | EVO Level | EVO Fascia and D-Rings l

If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole.

If you run into assholes all day....YOU'RE the asshole.

My last set of boots that I bought two years ago was my current pair of Chippewa boots. The soles are soft and the insoldes that come in them are super comfy. I walk about 5 miles a day or more in my work boots, all over the airfield. The tread is getting worn, so they could use a resole, but the leather is in great shape. Best boots I've worn, IMO.
    2015 Anvil Rubicon Unlimited
    Evo Mfg Double Throwdown suspension w/Evo Lever
    Evo Mfg high clearance long arms
    Evo Mfg PR60 high steer w/PSC hydraulic assist
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 front axle
    Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear axle
    ARB lockers & 5.38 gears
    JE Reel 1350 front/1410 rear driveshafts
    Evo Mfg rocker/corner armor/bumper
    17" ATX Slabs & 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Proud to be one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001 - 2010. Semper Fi

Caught the Bug
    I use Nike SFB Leather or Garmonts for when I'm in uniform. Both last me a solid year of hard abuse.
    sent from inside a C-130

Dr. Sholls

While I was in the Corps I would throw a set of Dr. Scholls work soles in my bates and call it good. For hiking I like Merrell boots because they are lightweight and have little to no break-in time in my experience.

Knows a Thing or Two holliewood61's Avatar
    I prefer pull on boots. My go to boots are a pair of Carhartt pull on's from back when Red Wing made their boots and a pair of Muck chore boots
    Beat it to fit, paint it to match

08 WK
    00 WJ
    99 TJ
    81 CJ7
    60 CJ5

Best wheeling in WV
    http://trailsheaven.com/Plan-Your-TR...vy-Branch.aspx

For work I wear Carolina's, composite toe with metatarsal guard. 2 years, 3 pairs of laces and one set of gellin' insoles later and theyre still the most comfortable and durable boot I've ever owned. I'm maintenance in a powder metal plant and they've been soaked in oil, grease, brakeclean, acetone, you name it and they're both still holding up great! Although the pull on Wolverines are a close second for me

I have used Blundstone boots for years, growing up on a farm laceless boots were key, having to swith into gumboots multiple times a day. I have 3 pairs, work, winter and formal.

Caught the Bug
    Does anyone have experience with either the Nike sfb or 5.11 recon? I'm looking for an 8 inch boot in black that's lightweight and breathable. I wear rockys jump boot in the winter. Looking for a good summer boot.

Having worn 5.11s for on duty I can tell you first hand they are just an expensive version of the cheapy Magnum boots. Did not like them at all. Just my humble opinion.
    I've been wearing the Bates ICS in the Delta 8in and I like them.
    Last edited by Kalums; 04-03-2016 at 06:24 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast