Boot comfort

dillard09

When I get a new pair of boot I always get a new pair of Crocs canvas slip ons. The insole on the crocs comes out of the shoe and goes into my Red Wings! Crocs insoles! Comfy!

Does anyone have experience with either the Nike sfb or 5.11 recon? I'm looking for an 8 inch boot in black that's lightweight and breathable. I wear rockys jump boot in the winter. Looking for a good summer boot.

No. I try to avoid 5.11 trash like the plague. No consistency and all around cheap materials you'd expect from a giant China clothing mill.

As for Nike. Basically same as above. Good luck getting them to last 3 months.

Worth every penny.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459709410.262265.jpg .

Jk909

No. I try to avoid 5.11 trash like the plague. No consistency and all around cheap materials you'd expect from a giant China clothing mill.

Worth every penny.
View attachment 195942 .

But nobody cares because 511 is tacticool lol. Seriously without the look nobody would buy that garbage

Eugene the Jeep

I've been in construction for 30 years and when it comes to work boots you get what you pay for.
I have worn Carolina linesmen boots for the last 25 years. I have never any break in issues a I get about 3 to 4 years of use out of them.

Heholua

My last two sets of work boots have been Whites. By far the best two sets I have owned. They are pricey up front, but can be rebuilt a couple of times. Made in the USA and custom made to your foot.

Lucky51

I've been wearing Georgia boots for the past 10 years. I replace them every 2 years ,but I wear them daily. Comfortable from the first day to the last.

Scrambler

I've been wearing Georgia boots for the past 10 years. I replace them every 2 years ,but I wear them daily. Comfortable from the first day to the last.

Georgia boots all the way. I made the mistake of buying Redheads against my better judgement. I'll be buying another pair of Georgia boots to replace the Redheads.

Journeyman

Danner's with super feet insoles.
I'm a power lineman that spends all day working on my feet. Either in a bucket truck or climbing poles. I've tried everything! Discovered Danner's five years ago and my feet are always happy. Their boot rebuilds are awesome and customer service is the best.
Side note-Whites are now owned by Danner. They are on the pricey side of things if your buying their American made products. But you get what you pay for.

Ktoth87

Worth every penny.
View attachment 195942 .

Do you use the Acadia or fort Lewis.? A lot of guys I work with wear the Acadia and say they're very comfortable but on long shifts they get heavy.

USMC Wrangler

Do you use the Acadia or fort Lewis.? A lot of guys I work with wear the Acadia and say they're very comfortable but on long shifts they get heavy.

I've worn both and prefer the Acadia's. They are on the heavy side but only noticed that when I first started wearing them a long time ago. That's just my take on them.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I have never used add-in insoles before, maybe I'm missing out. However, I have had good luck with the comfort of Underarmor. Great comfort and the boots are not stiff, great for running. Although I have only ever got a solid year of heavy use out of them. I currently am using a pair of Underarmor speedfreaks and am happy. Many people I work with have Danners and added insoles. Those boots last forever!

Acadia. They definitely are heavy. They are all I have known for the past 7 years and don't even notice the weight anymore. I went through Rocky's, 5.11's, Bates and a few others until I finally sprung for the Danner's.

My only complaint is they are horrible in icy conditions. Down right dangerous. During winter months I carried a pair of Yax Trax crampons just in case.

Top Bottom