Boot comfort

Dirt Foot

Aluminum toe Red Wings with their custom insoles. Very comfortable. Had them for 2 years now. I'm on my feet all day long at a theme park.

Johnlmt33

For work I have had many, including Danner and Rocky which were great. I am currently wearing Under Armour which are real light and comfortable. When not working I too like the Merrells.

thardy

Banned
Ariat squaretoe workhog here. Most comfortable boots Ive ever had. Absolutely no break in period, feels great right out of the box. No aftermarket insoles needed.

Ive tried on a lot of different work boots and the Ariats are the best for me that Ive found yet. I wear them practically everyday, doing all sorts of work, in all sorts of weather.

I even wear them for good. I usually buy a new pair every year for good boots and take the pair from the year before and start wearing them everyday for work.

I have the same Ariat's and love them!

Petthefish

Lacrosse boots have always been my go to hunting boots no insert needed. Daner boots a close second I have put unknown amounts of miles on my lacrosse boots hunting the desert of eastern Oregon and they have held up for years Lava Rock Sand Snow you name it they have been rock solid and just as comfortable as a pair of tennis shoes.

jmac603

Scarpa Kinesis Pro Gtx for hunting/hiking and Red Wing Heritage 875 for everything else. Just like jeep parts, you get what you pay for.

longarmwj

Go online and look up "The Walking Company". They make custom orthotic shoes. If they have a location near you, you can actually go in and they will do a map print of your foot, and build an insole around how your foot is structured and how you walk. It's cool stuff. They also sell shoes, and a lot of times they are on sale. Everything from dress shoes to running shoes to boots. I walk a LOT for my job, and I have a pair of their dress shoes. They were normally 250 and I got them on sale for 49 shipped to my door. After they've gotten broken in they are the single most comfortable shoe I've ever worn. Normally I have terrible back pain, but I haven't had any pain ever since I started wearing them.

Dana

All I wear are boots and flip flops...Red wing work boots and my cowboy boots are HH. These took forever to break in so now I just have the heels done every couple of years..never have had to replace the soles..had them about 8 years.

Kyle7R

All I wear are boots and flip flops...Red wing work boots and my cowboy boots are HH. These took forever to break in so now I just have the heels done every couple of years..never have had to replace the soles..had them about 8 years.

another vote for Double H's, some of the most comfortable boots I've ever had. And no matter what brand boots I get, I always get me a set of the Dr. Scholl's custom orthotics (the ones where you stand on the machine and it gives you suggestions on which ones to use)

highoctane

Caught the Bug
My last set of boots that I bought two years ago was my current pair of Chippewa boots. The soles are soft and the insoldes that come in them are super comfy. I walk about 5 miles a day or more in my work boots, all over the airfield. The tread is getting worn, so they could use a resole, but the leather is in great shape. Best boots I've worn, IMO.

ZCJeeper

Dr. Sholls

While I was in the Corps I would throw a set of Dr. Scholls work soles in my bates and call it good. For hiking I like Merrell boots because they are lightweight and have little to no break-in time in my experience.

holliewood61

I prefer pull on boots. My go to boots are a pair of Carhartt pull on's from back when Red Wing made their boots and a pair of Muck chore boots

Jern26

For work I wear Carolina's, composite toe with metatarsal guard. 2 years, 3 pairs of laces and one set of gellin' insoles later and theyre still the most comfortable and durable boot I've ever owned. I'm maintenance in a powder metal plant and they've been soaked in oil, grease, brakeclean, acetone, you name it and they're both still holding up great! Although the pull on Wolverines are a close second for me

chronicjk

I have used Blundstone boots for years, growing up on a farm laceless boots were key, having to swith into gumboots multiple times a day. I have 3 pairs, work, winter and formal.

Ktoth87

Does anyone have experience with either the Nike sfb or 5.11 recon? I'm looking for an 8 inch boot in black that's lightweight and breathable. I wear rockys jump boot in the winter. Looking for a good summer boot.

Kalums

Having worn 5.11s for on duty I can tell you first hand they are just an expensive version of the cheapy Magnum boots. Did not like them at all. Just my humble opinion.
I've been wearing the Bates ICS in the Delta 8in and I like them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom