Yosemite getting some new stuff

BeniaminV

So I officially decided to name my jeep "Yosemite" for 2 reasons. 1 being when I was a kid and watched Loony Toons I always loved Yosemite Sam. 2 my first road trip this year with the jeep is going to be to Yosemite National Park.

Without further delay, here are some stuff I got done.
(note: they are cheap "mods", if you want to even call them mods, because well I can't afford some things I really want right now. But hey the jeep is getting some love and attention.)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468340359.885375.jpg
The day I got her.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468340385.702413.jpg
Replaced the antenna with a short AntennaX Antenna.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468340451.546099.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468340466.165649.jpg
Installed a Curts 2" ball trailer hitch with lock and installed the Euro tail light guard. I call it a tail light grill what do you all call it?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468340603.691694.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468340618.439946.jpg
Installed the Rugged Ridge Dash Multi-Mount Phone Kit
(note: super easy install and it does hold an iPhone 6+. However it barely holds it with an Otterbox.")

Last edited:

BeniaminV

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468464511.625068.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468464529.175531.jpg
Just put these in. Rugged Ridge grab handles that are on the driver and passenger seat in the back. Still waiting for the rest to come in.

BeniaminV

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468542467.311954.jpg
Just got these bad boys in. Can't wait to install them this weekend together with the rear seat recline kit.

BeniaminV

I lied, I couldn't wait until the weekend and had to install them today. LOVE them! Highly recommend them. If you live in a warm state, than you don't need the heated ones. If you live in a state that gets snow, like I do in Chicago, I recommend heated.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468547212.538310.jpg
Low beam comparison. Passenger side is stock halogen headlight. Driver side is Rigid Industries 7" heated headlight.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468547375.131760.jpg
High beam comparison. Passenger side is stock halogen headlight. Driver side is Rigid Industries 7" heated headlight.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468547440.666559.jpg
Install complete. They look SICK!

Last edited:

BeniaminV

Nice! Looking good!

Still got more stuff coming. Got Ohio Diesel Parts rear seat recline kit to install which will be hopefully this weekend. Have all my tools at my uncles house. Got a driver side Bestop Highrock 4X4 under seat lock box coming in tomorrow, that also will be installed over the weekend. Still waiting on my Rigid Ridge rear grab handles, and the Rugged Ridge front grab handles to come in. Says it was shipped from China and will be arriving early August :-(

cav♤fighter;736384 said:
Man what a difference. One day. Until than Ill have to enjoy candlepower lol

It's a big difference. Photos doesn't do it justice! Trust me!

Last edited:

BeniaminV

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470104480.920880.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470104500.887658.jpg
Rough country fog light kit installed. These things are BRIGHT! Love them!

Also got the recline kit installed. But don't have any photos because it isn't a very noticeable change unless you physically sit in the seat. Way more comfortable than stock! Well worth the mod if you care about the back seat passengers

Next up is a minor mod but very necessary
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470104643.290333.jpg
Supporting and remembering our fallen heroes!

joshbjorge

It's completely stock. Can't afford major mods that I would love to do until after the wedding and buying my first house. Once that is all done for. Major mods will be done.

Understandable, gotta do it all in little steps. Finally got a new front bumper for mine, winch is coming next!

BeniaminV

Understandable, gotta do it all in little steps. Finally got a new front bumper for mine, winch is coming next!

Nice! Which bumper did you go with? I can't decide which and what bumper I'd want and which are street legal in my state. Winch I would love but I gotta save for the warn winch.

Yea it's baby steps for now. Little mods to make it stand apart from the rest.

Last edited:

joshbjorge

Nice! Which bumper did you go with? I can decide which and what bumper I'd want and which are street legal in my state. Winch I would love but I gotta save for the warn winch.

Yea it's baby steps for now. Little mods to make it stand apart from the rest.

I went with the Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumper, I've seen a few other Jeepers with it and I think it looks good on my TJ. Not sure what winch I am gonna go with yet

USMC Wrangler

Congrats on the Jeep and figuring out its name! [emoji106]
I started very small, similar to you.

The phone mount is good on road, just watch for your phone to go flying off road. My mount broke after about 6 months. I contacted the manufacturer and they had a replacement to me in less than a week.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470113831.964573.jpg

You've already figured out how great those headlights are. I have the non-heated version and wished differently in a freak AZ snowstorm last winter.

Most of all, it's your Jeep and budget. Do what you can, but above everything else...enjoy it!!!

BeniaminV

I went with the Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumper, I've seen a few other Jeepers with it and I think it looks good on my TJ. Not sure what winch I am gonna go with yet

Nice. I really want to see what the barricade trail force bumper looks like in person. And for the price it isn't bad.

Congrats on Yosemite! Great color!

Thank you! Love it very much and so does the fiancé haha.

Congrats on the Jeep and figuring out its name! [emoji106]
I started very small, similar to you.

The phone mount is good on road, just watch for your phone to go flying off road. My mount broke after about 6 months. I contacted the manufacturer and they had a replacement to me in less than a week.

View attachment 215629

You've already figured out how great those headlights are. I have the non-heated version and wished differently in a freak AZ snowstorm last winter.

Most of all, it's your Jeep and budget. Do what you can, but above everything else...enjoy it!!!

Oh mine has gone flying also. Kinda wish instead of the rubber piece they have at the ends they would have done a plastic piece with foam tips to hold on to the phone better. I live in Chicago so pretty much how the roads are here it is like going off roading haha.

You'd think living in AZ you wouldn't need heated headlights because you know, desert and shit.

Trust me I love every time I drive it. Can't wait for my vacation when we go to Yosemite national park.

epetry

have you guy ever heard of 67 designs? They make a a cool phone mount. I have not got mine yet so i can't tell you if it works good or not.

BeniaminV

have you guy ever heard of 67 designs? They make a a cool phone mount. I have not got mine yet so i can't tell you if it works good or not.

I haven't. But interested if it does hold better or not. Does it mount in the same spot as the rugged ridge one?

Top Bottom