Yosemite getting some new stuff

BeniaminV

So someone ended up hitting the Jeep while parked on the street and ripped the front bumper cover.
IMG_4804.jpg

With that being said I went looking for a new bumper. Found the SmittyBilt SRC Carbine Steel Front bumper for $370 on quadratec.
IMG_4921.jpg
IMG_4922.jpg
IMG_4923.jpg

I know it isn't the best. But for the price. Better than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

Nice looking build so far. Small step in the process are still steps. [emoji106] Have you looked into getting some horizontal headlight adjuster screws? They help you dial in the TL's really nicely.

BeniaminV

Hope you got insurance money for the wreck

Unfortunately not since whoever did it didn't leave any info for me to contact them. I would have been fine if they would have given m 200 bucks to replace. And I wasn't going to claim it on my insurance for 2 reasons. 1 I don't want my insurance rate going up. 2 they wouldn't have covered it since the damage is less than 500 bucks. (That's my deductible)

GraniteCrystal

Unfortunately not since whoever did it didn't leave any info for me to contact them. I would have been fine if they would have given m 200 bucks to replace. And I wasn't going to claim it on my insurance for 2 reasons. 1 I don't want my insurance rate going up. 2 they wouldn't have covered it since the damage is less than 500 bucks. (That's my deductible)

That sucks. I hate dishonest people. On the plus side, you bought a bumper you wanted anyway and the stick bumper won't sell for much on CL. So didn't really lose anything but didn't get what was rightfully yours either.

WJCO

Meme King

People are scum bags. Glad there wasn't more damage done.

BeniaminV

That sucks. I hate dishonest people. On the plus side, you bought a bumper you wanted anyway and the stick bumper won't sell for much on CL. So didn't really lose anything but didn't get what was rightfully yours either.

Whatever I can get for it I get. I'll be selling the steel
Beam, tow hooks, air dam, and frame cover. Together with the stock Headlights and stock fog lights. Hopefully I can at least make some of the money back that I paid for the bumper. It isn't exactly the bumper I wanted but I did want a steel bumper. So I am satisfied. Lol

BeniaminV

People are scum bags. Glad there wasn't more damage done.

Oh when I saw it I got really upset. After inspecting it and noticing it was just the bumper cover I calmed down. Then saw the price of an OEM bumper cover and was like "yea NOPE" and then saw the price of the SmittyBilt one and was like "looks good, and it's steel." I want to see them hit this bumper now!

WJCO

Meme King
Oh when I saw it I got really upset. After inspecting it and noticing it was just the bumper cover I calmed down. Then saw the price of an OEM bumper cover and was like "yea NOPE" and then saw the price of the SmittyBilt one and was like "looks good, and it's steel." I want to see them hit this bumper now!

How much is an OEM bumper from the dealer?

Draconianwinter

Nice! Which bumper did you go with? I can't decide which and what bumper I'd want and which are street legal in my state. Winch I would love but I gotta save for the warn winch.

Yea it's baby steps for now. Little mods to make it stand apart from the rest.
What does your state consider to be illegal for a front bumper?

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

BeniaminV

What does your state consider to be illegal for a front bumper?

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have no clue. I keep hearing different things. I hear that the bumper must cover the front tires. Some people saying just partial some are saying there is no requirement for front bumper as long as there is a front bumper. Right now the front bumper I have on now partially covers the front tires. But I want to get a shorter one. This bumper is just because I needed one and it was cheap.

As for the rear bumper a Jeep guy in Wisconsin messaged me on Facebook saying he has a spare stock rear bumper from his rig just sitting in his garage. If I want it I can go pick it up from him. Will be doing that hopefully this weekend. He doesn't live far from my inlaws.

Top Bottom