2,600$ what would you do?

Journeyman

So on Wednesday I was rear ended in my jku. I have the poison spyder brawler 2 rear bumper and carrier. So yesterday I went to the shop to get it inspected. Just like I thought the bumper is fine but the carrier was twisted, so it and the tramp stamp are needing to be replaced. Well come to find out yesterday that poison spyder doesn't just sell the carrier. You have to by the whole bumper and carrier together. So this is how we quoted the insurance. There's nothing wrong with the bumper so I'm really thinking of keeping the bumper on the jeep and removing the carrier. There will be a hole in the bumper, but I thought I saw a plastic plug for that somewhere a while back. I need a tire carrier so I'm really thinking about installing the Evo body mount. I'm on 35's so it might look a little cute on that carrier till I jump to 37's.
This is the fun part, I'll have about 1k leftover after I purchase the Evo carrier. So we're thinking about what else we would like on the jeep. We have full doors and a hard top rt now. So we're really thinking rugged ridge half doors and the soft upper or a soft top (trek top) or something comparable. I know the half doors would be more than what's left over but I would just cover the difference myself. Wife says half doors cause we've really been enjoying going door less lately.
Also could you use that to make the 37's jump cause my toyo rt's have 35k on them already.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Make the jump to 37s, or invest in a trektop. Once you ride with a soft top your not even going to want a hardtop anymore lol

Napalm

Trektop NX for $700, sell your hardtop for cash because like Greg said, you won't go back to it. Then take your $1300 and buy some half doors :)

Journeyman

Trektop NX for $700, sell your hardtop for cash because like Greg said, you won't go back to it. Then take your $1300 and buy some half doors :)

Definitely a good idea.
On another note. I just saw an Instagram post from Evo, their about to release a new body mounted carrier.

Journeyman

Look into Crawler Concepts tire carrier. Lovin mine.

Yea I just checked it out. I'm trying to get away from a carrier that uses the tailgate for support. My PS was pretty good, but i didn't like it being tied to the tailgate.

Napalm

Definitely a good idea.
On another note. I just saw an Instagram post from Evo, their about to release a new body mounted carrier.

I'm guessing you already have the EVO corners or factored them into that price?

I'm also a fan of the CC body mount carrier!

Big Bad Wolf

I can't believe Poison Spyder won't sell you the carrier... man that sucks. I like PS but that is a let down.

I say get the EVO carrier.. wear out your 35's and then jump to 37's.. Unless you feel you can get good money for your 35's..

Benito

Caught the Bug
I'm going to go against the grain on the hard top/soft top! I can't wait to get my hard top back on! The Trektop is nice and everything but it's a pain in the ass to put stuff back their, I think i need to replace my header bar because every time I open and close the "sunrider" it leaks a little more. It's nice for running during the spring when the weather is nice but I wouldn't use it as a full time top. I'm waiting to get my trail cage coated, installed and buttoned up and after that the hard top is going back on! At least for the fall and winter. The trektop is nice because you can remove it easily and go topless or run it as a bikini top in a matter of minutes, and it is great off road but that is 5% of my driving. if I had a garage where I could make a easy lift for the hardtop I would probably only use the hard top and use the trektop for off roading trips. I don't regret buying the trektop but I wouldnt sell the hard top right after buying a trektop. Ride with the trektop for a couple of months and see how you like it then. When I first got the trektop it was tight and wouldn't make noise, it almost even seemed as quiet as the hard top, but over time it really stretches and the header bar doesn't seem to seal as good up front over time, which make more noise. And the gasket on the tailgate bar that I received with mine isn't like the OEM gasket/tailgate bar so I get water in the trunk as well sometimes.

Journeyman

I can't believe Poison Spyder won't sell you the carrier... man that sucks. I like PS but that is a let down.

I say get the EVO carrier.. wear out your 35's and then jump to 37's.. Unless you feel you can get good money for your 35's..

Does kind of suck. But because they don't sell just the carrier, his insurance is getting billed as if I'm replacing the bumper and carrier. Gives me more options to think about cause there's nothing wrong with the bumper (it's staying)
I could probably sell the 35's probably at least another 20k left on them.
I've been working out of town, so things like this have been inconvenient. But I think after next week things will be back to normal and I'm going to start posting some things for sale on Craigslist. Hard top, stock Rubi wheels, and maybe the 35's

Top Bottom