2,600$ what would you do?

Lol. Well I've got an amazing Korean wife that equals a lot more than eight Asian hooker!

Ohh!! You wheel and you have an Asian wife? Well your life sounds perfect does she have any friends? :joking: let's get back on topic with your money's in the air. I'm an Evo fan so your idea in going with their carrier is def a cool thing. But if it was me I would buy a roll cage. Safety is paramount. Especially if your taking your Korean wife which, as you said, equals a LOT more than Asian hookers.

Journeyman

Ohh!! You wheel and you have an Asian wife? Well your life sounds perfect does she have any friends? :joking: let's get back on topic with your money's in the air. I'm an Evo fan so your idea in going with their carrier is def a cool thing. But if it was me I would buy a roll cage. Safety is paramount. Especially if your taking your Korean wife which, as you said, equals a LOT more than Asian hookers.

Lol. My wife is laughing out loud!!!!! I'm gonna win the rock hard cage! So we'll be good to go there. Safe and sound! Yes she has friends, but all the Asian one's have been scooped up.

vdog0531

I would also go after the Trektop, and I also agree above not wanting to go back to your hardtop... I sold mine and never looked back, and im' on the fence about tube doors. I have the rancho tube doors with spider web shades... And I love them, don't get me wrong, BUT, a similar experience can be had with just at Trektop and taking your doors off... And not spending money on half doors haha. Maybe a set of foot pegs with your Trektop and put the rest towards gas for your next adventure

Trail JK

With $1000 left over after the carrier I'd buy the Dynatrac Progrip. The Progrips are a night and day difference from stock and one of our best upgrades.

2nd place- re-gear

Depending on when you plan on getting 37s you will need to replace your drive shaft.

With $1000 left over after the carrier I'd buy the Dynatrac Progrip. The Progrips are a night and day difference from stock and one of our best upgrades.

2nd place- re-gear

Depending on when you plan on getting 37s you will need to replace your drive shaft.

Right there with you. Progrip's and a set of gears.

Pursesnatcher

Not to echo other posts

But I would evaluate my current setup and see what I would need to make 37's work. Maybe it's a long arm kit? Driveshaft? A re-gear?

That would put you a lot closer to 37's if you don't have some of the recommended essentials to run 37's

Journeyman

Not to echo other posts

But I would evaluate my current setup and see what I would need to make 37's work. Maybe it's a long arm kit? Driveshaft? A re-gear?

That would put you a lot closer to 37's if you don't have some of the recommended essentials to run 37's

I'm running 4.10's (c's gusseted) 3" inch lift with high clearance fenders and trimmed rear pinch seams. Bump stops were set for factory flares so I have tons of room to go up when I'm against the stops. I would love to have pro grips and all kinds of axle upgrades, but I don't really want to dump money into these 44's as I see upgrading to 60's at some point.

Trail JK

I'm running 4.10's (c's gusseted) 3" inch lift with high clearance fenders and trimmed rear pinch seams. Bump stops were set for factory flares so I have tons of room to go up when I'm against the stops. I would love to have pro grips and all kinds of axle upgrades, but I don't really want to dump money into these 44's as I see upgrading to 60's at some point.

If I can be so bold to say if you haven't yet made the conversion to 37's then the 60's you're speaking of is probably down the road a bit. The Progrips are awesome brakes and are still (IMO) the best way to spend your left over $1000. That said, I also enjoy having a trek top and it's a fun purchase that you and everyone else can see.

I'd keep all the money and cut/tweak/weld the tire carrier back into shape, and make a new tramp stamp. Shouldn't be too hard. Then you have $2600 to spend!

Or go all the way with the EVO rear...yank the entire bumper, sell it, get the EVO Carrier, corners, rear frame cover...and 37"s....

Journeyman

IMG_1476065412.907651.jpg
Before

After
IMG_1476065471.899911.jpg

So here goes. After finally getting paid from the insurance company, I sat on the cash for a bit. My wife and recently went and eloped at the courthouse. So we had ordered a set of custom rings to be made from a friend of mine and I wasn't sure how much they were going to be. In the meantime I was actually able do some wrenching on the tire carrier and getting things back to about 95% and function like it's supposed to.
We went to Pomona expo last wknd and were able to score a new trektop nx twill for 940$ + tax.
So with the cash and a bit more I was able get the trektop and make my wife happier with here custom ring. My wife is awesome! When we were at the expo we went by the dynatrac booth and were checking out a set of their pro rock 60's, she didn't bat an eye when I told her 12k for the axles, but don't forget we'll need new 8 lug beadlock wheels and new 1350 driveshafts also. Here response was when are we ordering them?
Anyways I had some time today and wanted to install the trektop. Wtf that thing is a bitch to finish up. Even with the hot day here I was still not able to get everything zipped up. I even had to loosen the foot man loops to get things started. It's mostly done now, but things definitely need to stretch and settle in. Good news this top is top notch quality from bestop! IMG_1476066576.399645.jpg IMG_1476066594.902279.jpg IMG_1476066669.462686.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I think you made great choices all the way around.

Keep your hardtop. I have two softtops but run my hardtop a lot - most of the time.

Great looking jeep.

Top Bottom