Your Jeep OCD Tendencies!

Napalm

Let's face it, we are all obsessed with our Jeeps. And there is nothing wrong with that! :)

I know a lot of us have OCD tendencies - but I want to hear some of your crazy, wacky, strange, but absolutely needed OCD tendencies as a Jeeper. If you have one, or one day develop one, add it to the thread for everyone to laugh at and say "oh yeah I do that too" LoL!

IMG_1478785405.258320.jpg

While I could list mine all day, here are a few to get us started:

- The heightened since of awareness after a new mod(excessively worrying about every noise, pull, rattle, etc. after a new mod.)

- regardless of where I am at, I always try to park in the shade because of fear of fading fenders

- I ALWAYS have to store my soft top windows and sides inside a room in my house so they don't get scratched

- Carrying a bottle of spray detailer and a rag for those super small spots of dirt that have to be cleaned immediately.

:)

What's yours?!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Great thread.

-Every time I hear any noise, I have to know immediately what it is. Even if it's on the way to the store, I'll have to get out and try to find it once I get there. My wife says I'm nuts.

-Cleaning up the rig too much. I bought the Jeep to get it dirty and have fun, yet I clean it all the time even before a trail.

-Even though I bought the Jeep to use, the Colorado pinstriping witness marks drive me nuts.

-Keeping the sliders painted even though I know they'll be chipped and rusty in no time at all.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Idc how dirty the jeep is but my windshield HAS to be clean. Ill pull over on the highway if i hit a bug and it makes a splat bigger than i can handle staring at :cheesy:

Napalm

Great ones guys!!! I have another I thought of.

- my fenders. I hate it when dirt, rocks, stains, anything gets on my fenders. I clean them obsessively because I don't want them to be faded and ugly. I hate faded stained fenders on JKs!

SergJKURhino

-Fittings such as moldings/consoles/dashboard/faceplates that don't seat like they did before removing them to make mods. It drives me batshit crazy...I try to "goosfraba" the anger away, but then I see how imperfect it is & I go all Donkey Kong trying to get it seated properly.

-Tire pressures that aren't exactly the same. I can go a few hours w/ them being different (especially after airing up after a trail), but it lingers in the back of my mind & it builds...& builds...& builds until I get to a good stopping place to make all tires the same exact pressure. Ahhhh...relief!!

Last edited:

Jackal01

Noises are a concern but I check once I get home. Cleanliness, aeh. Nothing else bothers me really. So the only thing I habitually check, not really OCD per se, is the temp on/status of my ARB fridge. I keep it just at freezing and always make sure nothing has exploded inside since the calibration isn't perfect. I used to keep an analog thermometer but that got annoying.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I wash my jeep MAYBE twice a year. When I do I tell my wife "now don't roll down the window until the water dries or it will leave like you know those marks due to the felt and rubber". Sure as shit she does it. Bugs the shit outta me!

Ddays

Hooked
My Jeep being dirty doesn't bother me but I MUST line up my gas cap so that the raised part is straight up and down. I have stopped and pulled over to check to make sure it is oriented that way.
EVERY screw in all of the electrical outlets & switch plates in my house have to be that way too. :crazyeyes: When I got my deck installed and I sat down & saw all of the screws didn't line up I almost passed out.........

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Idc how dirty the jeep is but my windshield HAS to be clean. Ill pull over on the highway if i hit a bug and it makes a splat bigger than i can handle staring at :cheesy:

yup this is me , I could care less let the mud fly and clump up I could look at it for weeks on end , but I want a clean windshield and that bug that just went splat has to be gone now this minute I don't give a rats ass how much washer fluid it takes :rock:... another habit I got into was always keeping extra fuel on board ...

WJCO

Meme King
One more for me.

-My tools ALWAYS have to go back in the same spot in the Jeep. I go ape shit when I can't find a tool.

Jackal01

One more for me.

-My tools ALWAYS have to go back in the same spot in the Jeep. I go ape shit when I can't find a tool.

This is probably me as well. Since many of my tools are Jeep-tools and house-tools they float between the back of the rig and the tool bench. However the ones I do have that are Jeep-dedicated have to go to their home in the back. Everything has a place.

WJCO

Meme King
Since many of my tools are Jeep-tools and house-tools they float between the back of the rig and the tool bench.

I just recently bought a whole extra set of impact sockets and wrenches for the house for that very reason :crazyeyes:

JeepJeep75

When I'm rolling through the mall parking lot, or anywhere really, I make sure all the windows are the same hight if they aren't all the way down.

DiggerJKU

I don't stress too much about dirt on the jeep but the front windshield needs to be clean clean clean. I also am OCD about the mpg reading. My mpg will always be bad but I coast down hills and play it all the time trying to make it better.

I also refuse to clean the Moab dust off the front panel until right before the next Moab trip. It's like leaving the memories there lol

Top Bottom