Your Jeep OCD Tendencies!

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Yeah, clean front window is a big thing for me. The rest of the jeep looks better when dirty. I will wash it a couple times a year but that is usually when I need to do some work on it and I want less dirt falling in my eyes.

My big OCD is the radio volume has to be a multiple of 5. I have put Kenwood head units in most of my cars because the volume adjustments fit perfectly with that.
The JK is still the factory unit, but I have 4 settings.
10 is top on with the windows up and soft enough to have a conversation.
15 is either top on windows down still have a conversation or windows up and want to hear the music louder.
20 is top on windows down loud music or top off not too loud.
25 top off and I want to hear the music on the highway.

Beyond that it is to distorted.

JeepFan

Hooked
OCD - Who me?!

GREAT THREAD!!!

Beat me to it. I have a thread like this in my top 5 list of new threads to create on WAYALIFE!!

I have you ALL beat!!!

1. Oil and filter changes every 3K miles.
  2. Trans Service once a year.
  3. Diffs and T-Case fluids every other oil change.
  4. Grease U-Joints every 6K miles.
  5. Brake fluid flush once a year.
  6. Air filter checked and replaced as needed.
  7. Tire rotation and inspection at every oil change.
  8. Spark plugs and wires every 60k miles.
  9. 24 point inspection and re-torque after every trip.

Clunks, squeaks, and rattles drive me nuts and I will waste hours if not days tracking them down and fixing them.

Don't even get me started on cleaning the damn thing... :D :crazyeyes:

I can go on and on and on and....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
GREAT THREAD!!!

Beat me to it. I have a thread like this in my top 5 list of new threads to create on WAYALIFE!!

I have you ALL beat!!!

Clunks, squeaks, and rattles drive me nuts and I will waste hours if not days tracking them down and fixing them.

:cheesy: I knew you wouldn't be able to stay out of this thread :D

benatc1

Hooked
GREAT THREAD!!!

I have you ALL beat!!!

hey this is why you have a very nice Jeep and why it will stay this way for a long time! im not as OCD as you but i do my best to maintain everything on a regular basis even though sometimes its a week or 2 late..

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
I wiped down the engine compartment just to get rid of dust. And, as others have said, new noises drive me nuts. Anytime I don't know what that sound is...drives me crazy for days till I figure it out.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

I'm in this school of thought plus I wipe my wheels down the same time as when I clean the windshield (which is often). The jeep can be dirty but my windshield and wheels are clean. Lol

jmy

I'm enjoying this thread, knowing that I am not alone as we all seem to have some of the same tendencies. However, I do find it funny that most of us are particular when it comes to noises, even though most of us here drive vehicles that were made to come apart and be put back together frequently.

Every time I re-install my freedom panels, hard top or doors I am always worried that something didn't go back together just right and spend half the drive afterwards listening for air leaks, rattles, creaks etc. that may result from mis-alignment. Great thread!!

Chris1015

Great thread.

-Every time I hear any noise, I have to know immediately what it is. Even if it's on the way to the store, I'll have to get out and try to find it once I get there. My wife says I'm nuts.

-Cleaning up the rig too much. I bought the Jeep to get it dirty and have fun, yet I clean it all the time even before a trail.

-Even though I bought the Jeep to use, the Colorado pinstriping witness marks drive me nuts.

-Keeping the sliders painted even though I know they'll be chipped and rusty in no time at all.
Do you throw wax on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Randy Tadevich

Not necessarily OCD, but I like the jeep inside and out either dirty, muddy or Mr. Clean sparkly clean. Nothing in between. If its getting too dusty, I'll find mud. And I'm not sure which I prefer. Great thread idea.

Sent from my LGLS740 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WiscoHR

I can't stand any rattling on the inside, whether it's change in the console, or something in the glove box. I will open every compartment until I find it and if I have to I will start disassembling the interior until it is fixed.

Jeepnoub

Being my jeep is black hand prints on the paint and glass drive me nuts. I prefer it to be clean, but dirty is ok as long as there is no hand prints.

So you could imagine how I felt when I picked my jeep up from the dealer last week. 1478814253854.jpg 1478814276894.jpg
First is boot prints from someone STANDING on my bumper. And the second is hard to see but judging by the oil they spilled inside the engine compartment, they took it upon themselves to close the hood before washing their hands.

The other thing that drives me crazy is not having a specific tool for a mod/repair.

Last edited:

sipafz

Caught the Bug

I'm happy to say that I'm in the "Fuck It, Good Enough" crowd. While I like a clean Jeep that's well maintained and not making a bunch of strange noises, I'm not fanatical about it! That being said, I got a few good chuckles out of some of the posts here. [emoji23]

Nathan, you forgot to mention windshield banner alignment. How many have you purchased? [emoji6]

Napalm

Nathan, you forgot to mention windshield banner alignment. How many have you purchased? [emoji6]

Hah! I was hoping everyone forgot that! Great one to add to the list.

Yes, because of my stickers being unaligned and not perfectly in the center I purchased and reinstalled not one, not two, but three windshield banners before I got it right :(

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I DO NOT EAT in my Jeep. The outside can be muddy or dirty but I don't eat or allow people to eat in my vehicle. I don't like papers loose in my Jeep. I don't like noises. I have to track them down and not dismiss it as a "Jeep thing".

Slimebones

Great thread. Can relate to a lot of these. One I have......

-Are my tires cupping excessively?. Do I need to rotate more often?? Drives me nuts!

Top Bottom