Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RECOMMENDED BUY : 3M Waterless Wash & Wax... It Actually Works Well

RECOMMENDED BUY : 3M Waterless Wash & Wax... It Actually Works Well

About a week ago, 3M sent me a sample of a new Waterless Wash & Wax they will be releasing and asked if I'd give it a try. Of course, being that we drive Jeeps that can get pretty dirty, I didn't know how useful something like this would be especially since it isn't intended for use on vehicles with "heavy dirt, mud, tar or grime" on it. But, we do own a lot of Jeeps and like any vehicle, they can get plenty dirty just from driving around town, sitting out in the driveway or even being parked in a garage for an extended period of time. This is really what their new Waterless Wash & Wax is made for and so I was happy to give it a try.

What is surprising about the 3M Waterless Wash & Wax is that even though it's made to give your paint a high gloss shine, it's also made to be used on ALL the exterior surfaces of your vehicle including the plastic trim, metals like aluminum or chrome wheels and even the rubber of your tires. All you have to do is spray it on and wipe it off with a microfiber cloth. While each can is supposed to retail for $13.95, they should be able to completely wash up to 2-3 average size vehicles.

You can now buy 3M Waterless Wash & Wax here:
    https://amzn.to/2sv2Q4p

Here's a shot of what the can looks like.

Again, this product is intended for use on vehicles that are dusty or just lightly dirty. If you've got caked on mud from the trail, I wouldn't use this waterless wash & wax to clean it.

That being said, the best way to use this product is to do it in your garage or under some kind of shade. Simply shake well, spray a light mist on a small section of your Jeep.

Immediately wipe it clean with a microfiber cloth until it's streak free. Fold and turn the cloth as needed and that's it.

And that's all there is to it.

After doing a small test with the 3M Waterless Wash & Wax and seeing how well it worked, I decided to remove the decals we had on the side of our Renegade's doors and do the whole thing. Surprisingly, this stuff did a great job of shining up the paint and I think I was more impress with that then anything else. For sure, I could totally see myself picking up more of it just to keep the paint looking nice. Of course, it did a pretty good job of making everything else look good too.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my experiences using this new 3M Waterless Wash & Wax for anyone who might be interested. I contacted them after the fact and was told that it should be available on Amazon and at other auto retailers soon.

UPDATE: 3M Waterless Wash & Wax is now available for sale on Amazon and you can buy it here:
    https://amzn.to/2sv2Q4p

Good to know that would work well on my wife's patriot and probably save me time on wash days

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Take what you can! Give nothing back!

Hmm. Something else to detail clean my Jeep with. Sign me up!

I've been using Meguiar's quick detailer for years now, sounds like it does the same thing.

Looks good. I may have to look into that. While you were using it on a dirty surface, any fears that scratching may occur or did you notice any concerns rubbing the cloth on the dirt?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Looks good. I may have to look into that. While you were using it on a dirty surface, any fears that scratching may occur or did you notice any concerns rubbing the cloth on the dirt?
    I did have fears of it scratching the paint and so I initially tested it on a small area and where the dirt was more like a heavy dust rather than caked on mud. Unlike other quick detailers I've used in the past where they were just like a liquid, this 3M stuff sprayed out in a foam... kind of like Pledge wood furniture cleaner. I just wiped the foam clean and all was good.

Oh, did I mention that it smells kind of nice too LOL

NEW 3M Waterless Wash & Wax... It Actually Works Well

Renny looks fresh off the show room floor in that last pic! I'll have to check it out once I see it in stores.
    Last edited by MR.Ty; 02-17-2017 at 09:59 PM.
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

Whats the benefit of doing this over just a damp microfiber cloth?

/VVVVVVVVVV\ Denver, CO - Mile High City /VVVVVVVVVVV\

Denver Mile High Meetup Thread
    Follow me on twitter @jackwmc4

Quote Originally Posted by H8ROADS View Post
    Whats the benefit of doing this over just a damp microfiber cloth?
    That's a great question especially being that a little water and a microfiber cloth is what I have always used in the past to do a quick cleaning. The benefit of this 3M stuff is that it does a better job of cleaning up the dirt and without leaving a hazy film or streaking that I've always seen when I just used water. Once I wiped the stuff off, the paint looked and FELT like it had just been waxed. For a test, I actually cleaned an area of paint with just water and then next to it, with this 3M stuff and then I dragged my fingers across both. On the side that was just cleaned with water, my finger tips felt like they were sticking to the paint and as soon as I got to the 3M side, they glided across the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Ty View Post
    Renny looks fresh off the show room floor in that last pic! I'll have it out once I see it in stores.
    Honestly, I think this is the best Renny has looked since we bought him.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast