VIDEO : Does Geometry Really Make a Difference? SEMA 2023 - BONUS

benatc1

Hooked
Finally got around to watching this, looks like a pretty nice set up. Could be a real nice complete package, which is a nice situation if you want that much lift. I actually think that lift/tire set up looks great on that 2 door

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Informative video and love how happy Ripley was to see you.

There is definitely a market for that type of lift, in fact a huge amount of people are looking for that ‘Big Jeep’ look from bigger tires but want to keep the factory ride and handling. Nothing the Germans make is inexpensive, however for someone willing to spend the money they will get the looks and retain a factory like ride. Pretty cool!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When I was considering drop brackets for my XJ there were of course two crowds.
The "You will get hung up on everything, it will be useless!" and
"The ride improvement is worth it and you won't get hung up on everything!"
Fortunately the latter were correct. I do drop on them a lot but I have never been stuck on something because of the brackets. With the really short arms on the XJ it made a huge difference in the ride and doing a long arm setup was out of the question at the time.
So if you aren't wanting to traverse boulder fields, these will probably work great.
The only question I have is, are they strong enough to handle being smashed on rocks? My REs on the XJ are really beefy. The bottoms are beat up, but they have never changed their shape.

Thanks for the video and the balanced commentary! (I am still trying to decide what to do with my Gladiator)
Glad you enjoyed the video and I appreciate you thinking my commentary was balanced.
Not gonna lie it looked pretty solid! Im almost $3K into my setup with parts from 2 manufacturers. Fix this, chase that, realign something else. Having something well engineered and all in one box is a great proposition.
That's a pretty good way of putting it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got around to watching this, looks like a pretty nice set up. Could be a real nice complete package, which is a nice situation if you want that much lift. I actually think that lift/tire set up looks great on that 2 door
LOL - from a guy who typically likes big tires and a low stance, I'd have to agree that this Jeep looked pretty good just like this. And, for the type of people who would be most interested in this kit, I think the stance is fine.
Informative video and love how happy Ripley was to see you.

There is definitely a market for that type of lift, in fact a huge amount of people are looking for that ‘Big Jeep’ look from bigger tires but want to keep the factory ride and handling. Nothing the Germans make is inexpensive, however for someone willing to spend the money they will get the looks and retain a factory like ride. Pretty cool!
LOL - I missed Ripley dearly and was happy to see she felt the same.

It's funny that you say that about Germans because unlike so many other companies that I've talked to over the years, these guys were all to eager to tell me and show me all the things, the engineering and processes and testing they did to come up with their solution. This, as opposed to just pointing at a rack full of parts that were made in china and look just like another leading manufacturer. They were very proud of what they had and I would say, rightfully so.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to add that Cindy and I were just talking about this and how today, we're lucky to find anything new that's NOT made in China. While we're always happy to see Made in the USA, made in Germany isn't exactly what we'd call a bad thing LOL

Top Bottom