Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Which hood latches

This thread reminded me I needed to address that... ordered the Daystar straps yesterday from the Wayalife Amazon Shopping...

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...ep-Accessories

First of all thanks to everyone who responded to my question. I am currently looking at the options and will order a set this week. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been Around the Block Dune Crawler's Avatar
    I went with this setup to keep my hood secure (cost me like $21 on amazon) IMG_7740.JPG

Nothing but a Thing
    Daystars are great. The instructions do warn that it needs to be at least 70 degrees to install. Not an issue now, but for a winter install can be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by kep01 View Post
    On my way back from Colorado the wind would get under the hood and stretch out the rubber latches to the point that I thought they would snap. Iím looking for a replacement set that will correct this problem. Ideas ?

This exact thing happened to me on the way through OK.
    IMG_3208.jpg
    I went with the aluminum Rugged Ridge latches, but also considered the Daystar. I was worried the Daystar would wear out over time as well though.

I have never experienced hood flutter and figured aftermarket hood catches were just for aesthetics. But then I saw the posts above re failures of the stock catches and decided to blow my 20% eBay coupon on the Rugged Ridge ones. I saw a friends, and they look pretty solid.

Been Around the Block Tanktitan's Avatar
    I have followed this thread as I have had major flutter issues, as most anyone has, when they pass simiís on two lane roads (especially simiís with irregular shaped trailers as they cause a good deal of air disturbance). My question, without re-reading the whole thread is this, has anyone ever personally experienced a true latch failure?

Quote Originally Posted by Stotch View Post
    IMG_3208.jpg
    I went with the aluminum Rugged Ridge latches, but also considered the Daystar. I was worried the Daystar would wear out over time as well though.
    ^^^^^^^he did
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanktitan View Post
    I have followed this thread as I have had major flutter issues, as most anyone has, when they pass simiís on two lane roads (especially simiís with irregular shaped trailers as they cause a good deal of air disturbance). My question, without re-reading the whole thread is this, has anyone ever personally experienced a true latch failure?

Quote Originally Posted by kep01 View Post
    On my way back from Colorado the wind would get under the hood and stretch out the rubber latches to the point that I thought they would snap. Iím looking for a replacement set that will correct this problem. Ideas ?

Remove the hood spring it helps a lot. Plus it makes Drew happy...haha

Edit: I saw fusion_jeff already mentioned that.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by jesse3638; 06-07-2018 at 02:29 AM.

Been Around the Block Tanktitan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stotch View Post
    IMG_3208.jpg
    When the rubber latch shown broke, I take it the other side held, as well as the under hood latch? Did this result in any damage to the hood?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast