Which hood latches

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Daystar, cheap and work.

Agree. Indistinguishable from OEM, if that's important to you. Ordered them up right after my first hood-fluttering experience. $25, problem solved.

One guy in my club uses zip ties instead:doh: He felt Daystars (or other variant) was too expensive. Personally, I just wanted something that got the job done. Once. Too many other things to expend mental energy on.

:)

Robertcrav

We installed the Drake Rocklaw latches on my Jeep and my Brothers, took them off with in 2 weeks because we couldnt' keep them adjusted enough to stay closed...we both went with the Drake Pin style and love 'em, paired with a bolt hood lock ... hood isn't going anywhere :)

Josh27

Ive had the drakes on my jeep for about 4 years now and they are holding up great. I originally got them because I like the look. The only Issue I have experienced is that they occasionally get frozen in the winter and it sucks to get them out to open the hood. I just spray them with WD40 every once in a while and haven't had a problem since. With that being said Id probably go with the rugged ridge ones if I were to buy latches again.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Glad we ended up with the Rugged Ridge ones. Easy, fast install. Look good and feel well-built. Instructions were easy to follow.

View attachment 251778

Congrats, they look great. I have them on mine as well. Fit perfectly on the stock hood, did have to do a bit of a shim on the 10A hood, but no problems after that. No flutter even barreling down the mountains at 75 in high winds.

onebadtwo

I started out with the Drakes, which I absolutely hated. The last thing you need when you are opening or closing your hood is something slowing you down. The Drakes are nice, but they are entirely to finicky! I ended up finding a local guy who had the Rugged Ridge latches that wanted to go with the Drakes. We traded, so I am much much happier now. The Rugged Ridge latches are nice and quick to open AND close unlike my experience with the Drakes. I just wish there was an American made option...

KYRubi

I've got the Rugged Ridge hood latches. I don't get any hood flutter at all up to 75mph, which is as fast as I've had it. In my opinion, they look really nice also.

IMG_0539_zpsu9hnqhnf.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Just took a 16 hour round trip to Kansas. Hood latches have eliminated the flutter. :thumb:

Top Bottom