Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Thought on turbos?

Quote Originally Posted by M0J0 View Post
    I am considering the Prodigy Turbo kit over a LS swap. It is not really about the money. I live at high altitude and turbos shine there. I can’t really top 65mph uphill in the mountains. A LS3 at 500hp is 350hp at my house. The downside is turbo lag at altitude is well over twice as long. I need to do some more research. Find someone else that has a turbo setup in the mountains. Any thoughts? My other idea is a modified LS3 pushing around 650hp.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I am a huge fan of turbochargers. That said I don't think it's practical for the Jeep. I lived at 6000ft valley floor and I have lived at sea level. Yes the altitude sucks some horsepower but an LS with 6 speed will be plenty. I mean if you want to go drag racing buy a car and turbo it up. Why you would want to add more tuning issues, more working parts to deal with and more maintenance issues to a vehicle you intend to drive out in the wilderness where you could potentially freeze and die if it left you stranded is beyond me. Lol!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Caught the Bug
    Fair enough. I guess I need to make more money this year.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Turbo and Jeep, two words that don't belong anywhere near each other, IMHO

I would flog what you have while saving for the V-8 of your dreams.

You have the right Jeep for it👍

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456