Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rough Country 3.25 lift kit questions & concerns

Rough Country 3.25 lift kit questions & concerns

Hi guys my name is John I just recently purchased a JKU and was looking into buying the lift kit. Im on a budget and was browsing for 3 lift kits when i saw the Rough Country 3.25 lift kit with shocks its at a decent price and from what ive read up on it and seen in videos its the best bang for your buck lift kit, its sort of like a lift for beginners. The link to the kit is below check it out if you wanna see what im talking about and i just wanted anyones opinion on it preferably someone who installed it on their JK. I plan on using it as a daily driver and also for mild off roading on the weekends i live in jersey but plan to go to NY or PA to off road probably not much rock crawling though. I dont want to buy it if its gonna be unsafe or brake on me while off-roading. IMG_6495.jpg

(https://www.extremeterrain.com/rough...k-perf694.html)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've installed and tested this kit in the past and what I can tell you is that you get what you pay for. Sure, it'll lift your Jeep but that's about it and the quality is just okay at best. If you're on a budge, I personally would recommend that you try to build within your means and stick with a 2" spacer lift or the like. At over 3" of lift or more, you really NEED more components (adjustable front lower control arms to set caster, drive shafts, etc) to do it right.

Welcome to Wayalife. I wouldn't buy from Extreme Terrain, that's for sure. What is your ultimate goal as far as the maximum tire size you want to run? There may be better options.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Welcome to Wayalife. I wouldn't buy from Extreme Terrain, that's for sure. What is your ultimate goal as far as the maximum tire size you want to run? There may be better options.
    This ^^^^^^

When I first lifted my jk I got their 4 inch lift kit. It worked decent for the first year maybe year and a half. I didn't really know what was good or bad as i hadn't owned a lifted jeep before. Then I noticed the ride was very soft and I measured and the lift had sagged two inches! I then swapped to evo springs and bilstien shocks and was amazed at how much better my jeep could ride!

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    thanks really like this forum and honestly wasnt too sure about extreme terrain their site looks nice but ive heard better things from places like quadratech and morris 4x4 anyway probably not anytime soon but for the near future i would say my goal is probably a 35 tire but i would really love to have a 37 i say 35 for now because i would have to change a lot more things to run 37s at least thats what ive read up on it

if i wasnt gonna get this kit the. i was looking at possibly getting a teraflex 3 lift kit which is about double the price but ive heard a lot of good things about that company

Quote Originally Posted by cangro408 View Post
    thanks really like this forum and honestly wasnt too sure about extreme terrain their site looks nice but ive heard better things from places like quadratech and morris 4x4 anyway probably not anytime soon but for the near future i would say my goal is probably a 35 tire but i would really love to have a 37 i say 35 for now because i would have to change a lot more things to run 37s at least thats what ive read up on it

Being that you're on a budget, 35's is a good goal to shoot for a really, a budget boost is all you need to get there. That's where I would start.

Quote Originally Posted by cangro408 View Post
    if i wasnt gonna get this kit the. i was looking at possibly getting a teraflex 3 lift kit which is about double the price but ive heard a lot of good things about that company

The TeraFlex 3" coils will yield way over 4" of actual lift. This is crazy sky high for just 35's and the coils are stiff as hell. At that height, you really NEED to replace your front drive shaft, your rear shaft if you have a 2-door and you'll need adjustable front lowers to set caster and rear uppers to set pinion angle.

We just did an EVO leveling kit on my wife's JK, gained 2.5 inches in height. Didn't have to replace the driveshaft, the trackbar, nor the control arms. And love the ride quality. It sells for about 230 bucks and is an easy install. I've also heard there is good ride quality from Rancho springs.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast