Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RECOMMENDED BUY : TEKTON 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Wish I had known about this when I was in the market for one. I have a Kobalt one I bought a Lowes. It's all metal and has worked well so far but I think was $150. I used a friends digital 1/4" inch lb torque wrench. That thing was awesome but I cannot see spending that kind of money on something I'd use a few times a year. It was funny before owning the Jeep I didn't own a torque wrench. Now I own 4..haha.
    LOL!! Funny how that works. I'm sure what you have now is really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    Very cool. I’ll have to pick one of these up for sure!!
    I think you'll be quite happy with it

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Awesome. Just ordered one. I needed another one anyways for the garage. I keep the one that I have now in the Jeep.
    Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    $57???? I’d give that a shot, any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nespoli1 View Post
    Sold! Good looking out]
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    I ordered one. Can’t wait to try it out
    Thanks guys, we appreciate your support and think you'll find this torque wrench to do the job well.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    I have that and the 1/4 inch - they both work great.

I had a HF 1/4 in but it never "clicked" or made any other indication that torque was reached, cracked one of the bolt holes on the throttle body intake but gorilla glue to the rescue!

HF went in the trash.
    I still carry a Harbor Freight ft. lb. torque wrench as a part of my trail gear but the in. lb. one they make kinda scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by VeruGE*144 View Post
    Been using this one for a while now. Works well
    Quote Originally Posted by Honor2afault View Post
    I have had the Tekton 1/2 drive for about 4 years now and as Eddie stated, is very easy to read, adjust and does a great job in the torque, pun intended, department.
    Thank you Eddie for pointing out tools and ideas that go a long way towards the upkeep and maintenance on our Jeeps.
    Glad to hear it's been working well for you guys as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mybadjk View Post
    I have wonder how their stuff holds up. Just bought a crows foot set that goes up to 2Ē from cal ranch.
    It is way cool that Cal Ranch sells Tekton. It sure has made it easy to pick stuff up I need in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I donít have that wrench, but I have a bunch of other Tekton stuff and itís great for the Jeep. Most of their stuff comes with cases or carriers which are great to keep stuff from banging around.
    I have to say that as silly as it may sound, I really do like how most of their stuff come with nice cases.

Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post
    I agree with Sharkey's assessment. For what I needed, Tekton was good enough.
    In some cases, better than some of the expensive tools I've bought in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by clos0791 View Post
    I have both. So far, so good. As mentioned, they both come with a case. I don't use the small 1/4 inch much.
    Glad to hear it's been working well for you as well.

I have some of their stuff, and itís a lot better than the Harbor Freight tools. I bought a roll of combination wrenches, to keep in the Jeep, and they are actually pretty nice.
    To be fair, they do cost more than Harbor Freight tools but they do seem to be made much better.

Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    I use the same Kobalt from Lowes and it has served me well so far, but I have to admit seeing the $57 on the recommended Tekton makes me a little miffed! Lol.
    Well, it's not as cheap as Harbor Freight but a lot more affordable than the Kobalt. But, at least what you have should last.

Quote Originally Posted by elgordomucho View Post
    Thanks for this Eddie, I knew I needed a torque wrench, this put me over the edge to buy one Attachment 308252

Used the link also!
    Thank you so much, we really do appreciate it

Funny that this thread started because Iíve been looking to start a good set of garage tools with storage roller/container as well as something smaller I can carry on a trail and no idea where to start or what to include. Started with Snap-On but far to expensive for my needs. Anyone that can help Iíd really appreciate the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've had this for a couple of years now and it's been great.

A quick tip though: the instructions say to turn the adjuster all the way to the lowest setting for storage. It is easy to accidentally go below the 10 # mark, don't. You'll have to take it all apart to get the tourque "clicker" back in the right spot.

Just researched this

Funny, I just researched this after watching the Rancho lift install on Jet Li. Hadn't heard of the brand before and wanted to find out more.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StormTrooper_JK View Post
    Funny that this thread started because Iíve been looking to start a good set of garage tools with storage roller/container as well as something smaller I can carry on a trail and no idea where to start or what to include. Started with Snap-On but far to expensive for my needs. Anyone that can help Iíd really appreciate the advice.

I have several Tekton tools, now. Good quality, at an affordable price.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar

RECOMMENDED BUY : TEKTON 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench

I have some of their stuff, and itís a lot better than the Harbor Freight tools. I bought a roll of combination wrenches, to keep in the Jeep, and they are actually pretty nice.

Ironically enough a lot of their items are the exact same product just rebranded and a different color. Especially the hand tools. I do prefer the torque wrench though. Doesnít do that annoying thing where the lock screw gets stuck when you adjust the setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Snboarder113 View Post
    Ironically enough a lot of their items are the exact same product just rebranded and a different color. Especially the hand tools. I do prefer the torque wrench though. Doesnít do that annoying thing where the lock screw gets stuck when you adjust the setting.

HF uses many different makers and suppliers. As does Tekton so I guess itís possible for a run or two in the past they were the same. If you bought Pittsburgh wrenches that happened to be rebranded Tektons you lucked out for sure.

In this case however. Tekton is quite a bit better than anything you can get in harbor freight.
    en hopup veritas

The Tekton torque wrenches are made in Taiwan, not China. These days, Taiwan quality is usually very good in my experience.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast