Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RH 4x4 Sport Cage vs Evo Chromoly Sport Cage

Hooked
    I have the RH with some of their accessories and I love it. No wind noise. I just raised the seat and look over the front bar. I am short and I have no problem seeing.

I heard that both cages makes your automatic lights not come on since it blocks it not sure how true this is but was curious if others have ran into this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHanley View Post
    I heard that both cages makes your automatic lights not come on since it blocks it not sure how true this is but was curious if others have ran into this problem?
    I did see someone mention that they made a circular cut out on the Evo sport cage for the sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    No wind noise that I've noticed with the RH kit. You may have to notch out the Freedom Panels where the knuckle attaches to the factory bar a tad. I had to do that on one side. Looks like the EVO kit fits just fine too.

EDIT: Note - something to watch for if you are running a hardtop and looking at the RH kit: Be sure to not overtighten the knuckles on the top crossbar. I did and it pinched the windshield frame just enough that it caused my freedom tops to leak air. It was so bad I had to use black Gorilla Tape to cut the wind from getting in. Pissed me off so much I took the damn top off & now only run the soft top. (Wish I would have done that from the beginning anyways.)

Attachment 308331
    I added a rock hard cage recently and seem to have the issue you describe. The freedom top panels donít quite fit any more and it looks like the top cage bar may be bowing the windshield slightly. Did you figure out a solution (besides switching to the soft top)?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    I added a rock hard cage recently and seem to have the issue you describe. The freedom top panels donít quite fit any more and it looks like the top cage bar may be bowing the windshield slightly. Did you figure out a solution (besides switching to the soft top)?

Nope, I never did. Pisser isn't it? I think once it's bowed that's it. I even tried loosening the knuckles but that didn't work either. I ended up applying black Gorilla tape over the edges of the windshield frame & top to keep my sanity. Looked stupid but it worked.
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

No wind noise that I've noticed with the RH kit. You may have to notch out the Freedom Panels where the knuckle attaches to the factory bar a tad. I had to do that on one side. Looks like the EVO kit fits just fine too.

EDIT: Note - something to watch for if you are running a hardtop and looking at the RH kit: Be sure to not overtighten the knuckles on the top crossbar. I did and it pinched the windshield frame just enough that it caused my freedom tops to leak air. It was so bad I had to use black Gorilla Tape to cut the wind from getting in. Pissed me off so much I took the damn top off & now only run the soft top. (Wish I would have done that from the beginning anyways.)

Attachment 308331
    Just talked to Bubba about a RH cage, what would you do with this from the get go now?

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Just talked to Bubba about a RH cage, what would you do with this from the get go now?

I'd take a really accurate measurement of the top of the frame somewhere and make sure you don't pinch it any.As long as the knuckles of the windshield bar are tight on the factory roll bar you should be good. If it does leak I guess that would be a good excuse for a nice soft top!
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

Iím a little confused I have a rock hard cage with a hard top and have no problems, I had to cut some of the freedom panels on the inside where it was hitting the knuckle but thatís all and you canít even see it as the knuckle covers it.

I'd take a really accurate measurement of the top of the frame somewhere and make sure you don't pinch it any.As long as the knuckles of the windshield bar are tight on the factory roll bar you should be good. If it does leak I guess that would be a good excuse for a nice soft top!
    Iím thinking I might try shimming one or both of the collars on the upper cross bar, adding a little length, and see if that helps.

Thankfully I donít live in a place with a lot of rain or snow, but I do want my hardtop not to leak and whistle.

Been Around the Block Gobicon2017's Avatar
    Dammmm. Wish I would have seen this post sooner. Finished up my RH install last night and have a little wind noise in the drivers side . Guess Iíll try to loosen and adjust if possible. As far as ease of install not too bad, letís just say it was good the kids werenít around to pick up all the FU:&/Ďs. Lol. I would do the Rh again. IMG_0143.JPG

Gobicon 2017 JKU Recon build

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=51738

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast