Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 SEMA Rancho JL Wranglers

I can't complain about my Rancho Shocks...

Fresh Catch
    Anyone know what size tires the green jlu with the crawler kit was sitting in?

If I recall a 37" x20
    Is was impressed by the overall look, but still prefer a 17" at around this tire size.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Llkindt View Post
    Anyone know what size tires the green jlu with the crawler kit was sitting in?

Fresh Catch
    Thanks Matt! Maybe you or Eddie can answer one more question. The Crawler on a non Rubi is 4.5 inches what, if at all, does it settle down to? I believe this kit offers a tremendous value but, with the wife standing tall at 5' 1", might be a turn off to her! I could always do the 3.5 kit with the adj track bars but I would be left without the adj control arms and the ability to run 37 in the future. Happy 4th of July, gentlemen! Everyone stay safe!

Once settled it is pretty spot on honestly.
    Get her some nice steps

Thanks Matt! Maybe you or Eddie can answer one more question. The Crawler on a non Rubi is 4.5 inches what, if at all, does it settle down to? I believe this kit offers a tremendous value but, with the wife standing tall at 5' 1", might be a turn off to her! I could always do the 3.5 kit with the adj track bars but I would be left without the adj control arms and the ability to run 37 in the future. Happy 4th of July, gentlemen! Everyone stay safe!

Why do you think you need adjustable control arms to run 37s?

Lots of JLs running them without.

I would run arms or the geo bracket honestly.
    And check this out:
    3.5 on the green
    2" on the silver
    both on 37" tire
    These are Rubicons though..

3.5"vs2"Bothon37".jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    Why do you think you need adjustable control arms to run 37s?

Lots of JLs running them without.

Fresh Catch
    Correct on not needing adj control arms, I really like the "fine tuning" aspect as well as doing it right the first time. This Jeep will be a work in progress, but I'm starting with the lift and tires, Axel's second and brakes third. This is going to be a long term investment, I tend to keep vehicles for a LONG time😁. My 1997 tacoma, lifted and 35 Duratracs I finally sold last year with 110000 miles, only thing I ever changed was starter, thermostat, brakes, battery and tires...and I beat the hell out of it from Mexico Baja, Arizona rock crawling and deep snow covered trials in Northern Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancho View Post
    I would run arms or the geo bracket honestly.
    And check this out:
    3.5 on the green
    2" on the silver
    both on 37" tire
    These are Rubicons though..

3.5"vs2"Bothon37".jpg
    Matt, 3.5 and 37’s on a sport fit well at full stuff? Can’t decide between your 3.5 or seeing if I can squeeze the 37’s under a 2.5
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

The 3.5 looks really good.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast