Thread: Gel Cell/Deep Cycle battery charger

Gel Cell/Deep Cycle battery charger

Hoping to help folks out who dont drive their jeep a ton. Now I must admit my jeep is a garage queen, it used to come out 1x a week to keep the battery charged. I had issues with keeping my battery charged on the jeep ever since I put in the genesis dual battery system. Anyway, if I went away for a work trip etc it would struggle to start and several friends told me their trickle charges didnt work wit this setup. I did so research and found this guest dual battery charger for deep cycle marine batteries... works great, charges and conditions both batteries.... just saying if you dont drive the jeep much this will save you some $ on the gel cells. It's not cheap, but it's cheaper than the alternative.

20181212_183913.jpg
    '14 JKUR

Thanks for the tip. I may look into one of those .
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Thank you, I’ll look into that.

Have you tried to trace the phantom draw on your battery system? I want to add the genesis kit someday, but if it’s bleeding power, it wouldn’t be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Thank you, I’ll look into that.

Have you tried to trace the phantom draw on your battery system? I want to add the genesis kit someday, but if it’s bleeding power, it wouldn’t be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I started to and then got side tracked. I cant say with 100% it's the genesis system, it just seemed to coincide with that install.

On a side note, I did find that I had forgotten to turn off my external CB speaker... so that had been on for maybe a year haha.
    '14 JKUR

Call Genesis...they were having a problem with their isolator, which was contributing to a parasitic electrical draw...I had problems with two Genesis systems and removed the isolator and replaced it with another type before I found out they had a fix

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Call Genesis...they were having a problem with their isolator, which was contributing to a parasitic electrical draw...I had problems with two Genesis systems and removed the isolator and replaced it with another type before I found out they had a fix
    This is good to know. My buddy’s Jeep keeps dying and he figured it was the batteries. I had a feeling it could be the genesis isolator.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Thanks for the info Brute. I thought it was the isolater too. Looked it up did the calculation on draw then figured I was just imagining things... haha. Even found a replacement from red arc which is the company all the overlanders use, just never pulled the trigger. I will have to give them a call.

Anyway this is a really nice charger, I got a different solar one for my truck. I will report on how that one works as well.
    Last edited by SDG; 12-22-2018 at 04:52 AM.
    '14 JKUR