Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Exodus Jeeps 7075 XD Tie Rods

Got the Tie Rod on last night... Thanks Jerry for responding to my texts at 9:00pm and Speedy for letting me borrow the Reamer....

I reamed the hole slowly until I saw fresh metal all the way through... and 1/8Ē of thread was left below the top of the knuckle. But there was still a very slight amount of play before tightening. I torqued the nuts to about 63lbs and it seams to be ok....

Bubba, is a little bit of play prior to tightening normal?

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Got the Tie Rod on last night... Thanks Jerry for responding to my texts at 9:00pm and Speedy for letting me borrow the Reamer....

I reamed the hole slowly until I saw fresh metal all the way through... and 1/8Ē of thread was left below the top of the knuckle. But there was still a very slight amount of play before tightening. I torqued the nuts to about 63lbs and it seams to be ok....

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg
    You got it. Glad to help.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg
    Finally some progress . I wouldn't expect it to have no play until you tightened it. The tie rod ends need to get pulled into alignment with the tapered hole, doubt you could line it up perfect by hand.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg
    I usually go until there isnít any movement, but Iím sure youíre fine. Hope you like it!

Exodus Jeeps 7075 XD Tie Rods

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_RCW View Post
    You got it. Glad to help.

Iíll ship it back to you Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by rubiDave View Post
    Finally some progress . I wouldn't expect it to have no play until you tightened it. The tie rod ends need to get pulled into alignment with the tapered hole, doubt you could line it up perfect by hand.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    I usually go until there isnít any movement, but Iím sure youíre fine. Hope you like it!

Thanks guys... yeah, Iím sure itís fine... any more and Iím just losing thread.

It looks great Bubba... Today Iím Going to dbl check the alignment, tighten up the Jamb nuts, grease the Zerks, paint mark the nuts and Iím good to go.

I bashed mine on some rocks yesterday. It was great to see itís still nice and straight afterwards! Great product!

IMG_7417.jpg

IMG_7419.jpg

IMG_7420.jpg
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    The day has finally arrived, sort of. Our tie rods are here and ready to order.
    This tie rod is incredibly sweet! I painted my drag link red and after my last trail I found red paint marks on the tie rod! The best part? TR is straight!

Thanks for a great product!

IMG_7706.jpg

IMG_7707.jpg

I have been on 15 trails since I put mine on. I have rock rash all over it, but it is still straight and true.

Can't ask for anything more.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    I have been on 15 trails since I put mine on. I have rock rash all over it, but it is still straight and true.

Can't ask for anything more.
    Exactly! Although the most recent was the roughest, Iíve been on three since install. Itís so nice not to have to pull it and throw it in a press, hoping I can straighten it out like the OE TR!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910