Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO - JL JOURNAL : A BAD VIBE - Tracking Down & Fixing Driveshaft Vibrations

Perfect timing on this video as I had the same exact problem with my Adams 1350 front shaft as soon as I eliminated the FAD. Checked the shaft and it has zero balance weights on it. Disappointed that after spending almost $700 on a driveshaft I need to pull it off and have it balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by JL_John View Post
    Perfect timing on this video as I had the same exact problem with my Adams 1350 front shaft as soon as I eliminated the FAD. Checked the shaft and it has zero balance weights on it. Disappointed that after spending almost $700 on a driveshaft I need to pull it off and have it balanced.
    Wow, you paid less than $700? Now I feel like I got taken for a ride.

Totally sucks and probably the last time I buy a brand name shaft.

Fresh Catch
    Just got a 1350 front and it had balancing weights on it. So far, no vibration.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    And since we're at it, here's a copy of my last invoice for the brand new 1350 driveshaft that I bought for Moby from my local shop. As you can see here, it just cost $369.90.

Attachment 323424

And, here's what Adam's charged me for two 1350 shafts.

Attachment 323425

Obviously, you'd have to divide that by two but that still gets you $719.95 each.

Crazy to think I would get grief for trying to save people some money or that I should somehow help protect a vendor that I BOUGHT parts from.

So I went to my local driveshaft shop today to get prices on new front & rear 1350's.... I like the guy, he has always done great work for me in the past (rebuilding & balancing) ..... but I was really hoping to see the prices you show here.... He was very knowledgeable & helpful... and quoted me $675 out the door for the front and about the same for the rear... including all the flanges. I'd like to give him my business being he is local and will definitely be the guy servicing them in the future... Or do you think I should be going with big name brands like JE Real, Adams or Woods, since the prices are similar.....?

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    So I went to my local driveshaft shop today to get prices on new front & rear 1350's.... I like the guy, he has always done great work for me in the past (rebuilding & balancing) ..... but I was really hoping to see the prices you show here.... He was very knowledgeable & helpful... and quoted me $675 out the door for the front and about the same for the rear... including all the flanges. I'd like to give him my business being he is local and will definitely be the guy servicing them in the future... Or do you think I should be going with big name brands like JE Real, Adams or Woods, since the prices are similar.....?
    If you've got a local guy you can trust, that's always a better choice. Just make sure they're using quality parts.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    If you've got a local guy you can trust, that's always a better choice. Just make sure they're using quality parts.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    My thoughts too, but I don't know any local guys, and didn't have any references. Let me know who the local guy you trust is. That said I got F&R Adam's 1350s for about $1150 and no CA sales tax.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiDave View Post
    My thoughts too, but I don't know any local guys, and didn't have any references. Let me know who the local guy you trust is. That said I got F&R Adam's 1350s for about $1150 and no CA sales tax.

Thanks Guys... yeah, that's what I'm thinking.... "Quality Parts" like Spicer? I'll get you the Name Dave...

Thanks Guys... yeah, that's what I'm thinking.... "Quality Parts" like Spicer? I'll get you the Name Dave...
    Just checked my purchase history. I paid 1250 not 1150.

Yep. Full circle clips, etc.

--
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

VIDEO - JL JOURNAL : A BAD VIBE - Tracking Down & Fixing Driveshaft Vibrations

I had Drive Line and Gear rebuild my old spare rear shaft today. New u joints, shortened it 7”, replace the slip since the splines were twisted and balanced and a new paint job. More than half the price of a new shaft and they did it in about 5 hours with no appointment. I probably won’t ever go anywhere else for driveline work again.

IMG_0264.jpg

Now I have a spare front shaft.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR